Go Down

Topic: Hot End Beginner Question (Read 526 times) previous topic - next topic

I've been trying to find online how to install a hotend for a reprap but have had no luck. I'd like to know how to properly wire a 3 wired hotend (one wire is a thermistor) to the electronics boards I'm using. I have an Arduino MEGA 2560 connected to a Quadstepper board (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10507). Using neither RAMPS nor Gen6/7/etc. Will I need another board to run the extruder controller? Is there any way I can heat the hot end without having to place another order?

Lastly, is anyone aware of a good resource for hot end wiring directed towards a beginner?

Thanks for any help.

winner10920

What is a hot end or reprap?
the thermistor part is easy you'll just need another resistor to act as a voltage divider nd then read the voltage with analog read, perhaps buffer it a bit and average it out depending how noisy the enviroment is

Far-seeker

While Arduino's can be used as the control boards of RepRap and other 3D printers, I think you'll have better luck in an actual RepRap forum.  Also here's a link to the RepRap.org's wiki. 

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy