Go Down

Topic: Faster pulse = higher resistance slower pulse = lower resistance (Read 576 times) previous topic - next topic

yipyap777

Hi
I know this should be simple but I cant for the life of me work it out.
Trying to work out the code for this.
Imagine a wheel having a reed switch on it. Every revolution it would would give a pulse as the reed switch it activated.
Eg. Its doing 1 revolution ever 1 second. This would make make my digital POT to = 100k
2 revolution would = 200k 3 = 300k and so on.
when the wheel dropped back to 2 revolution it would = 200k and when dropped to 1 revolution it would = 100k..

Any ideas?

MarkT

Divide and conquer.  There are two tasks here, detecting the rotation rate and programming the digital pot - tackle each separately.

For the first task you'll need to wire up the reed switch with a pull-up resistor (perhaps built-in pull up), and implement pulse debouncing and rate-counting - for such low pulse rates timing the pulses to measure period is perhaps the best method.

For the digital pot you'll have to provide the interface it needs - any particular digital pot in mind?  Do you need a pot BTW - ie what is it controlling?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

yipyap777

Aug 20, 2012, 01:38 am Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 10:17 pm by yipyap777 Reason: 1
Hi Mark.
Thanks for replying.
I have a couple IC's on order the first POT is - IC,potentiometer,digital,100kohm,SC70-5,ISL90460TIE527Z
http://australia.rs-online.com/web/p/products/518-431/

Basically the resister will swipe high and low with just pulsing a couple different pins.
This is how I was going to control the resistance by the speed of the pulse. (revolution of the wheel)
I'm trying to program a arduino to do this.
Before I create the circuit for the IC, im trying to get it to work first with virtual breadboard.
I can get the values to climb but not decrease. I don't know programming enough.

I want to do something similar to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOINcW8BP3w      
-skip to the end
But by controlling the resistance by the speed of the wheel.

My other IC Pot I might use is Digital Potentiometer 32POS 10KOhmdigital

cheers

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy