Go Down

Topic: wireless audio (Read 316 times) previous topic - next topic

lazaro

Hello everyone Arduino community. I'm starting with the theme of wireless audio and I'm reviewing information on Arduino hardware that seems excellent to start this project, however I do not know that hardware choice.

Anyone know what hardware should I?

Thank You!

AWOL

That's a bit of a vague post.
CD quality requires 4 x 44.1x106 bytes per second - an Arduino runs at 16MHz.
Does that put things into perspective?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Thomas499

Because AWOL brought up the numbers, I'm curious if anyone knows what normal radio quality is?

CrossRoads

I think FM is good to about 15 KHz. Sounds good in the car, so probably 16 bits as well.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Thomas499

CrossRoads:That is very interesting. The background of people you can meet on here never ceases to amaze me.

lazaro: to add to your post I use the WTV020SD-16P module but it isn't wireless by any means. You have to load files to the sd card so streaming isn't an option. When you say "wireless" I take it that is what you are trying to do. Another down side to the WTV020SD-16P module is that there is a very noticeable delay between switching tracks/record files. For what I am interested in this 1-2 second delay between files is... It's a good learning step, I learned a lot from the example code and all of the interesting projects people have done. I would like to upgrade to something more along the lines of delay-less streaming like you are interested in now.

Or at the very least, find a way so the music files switch fluently without the painfully noticeable delay.
 Any suggestions?

christop

I think FM is good to about 15 KHz. Sounds good in the car, so probably 16 bits as well.
FM radio has a dynamic range of about 50 dB which is roughly equivalent to a bit depth of 8. In comparison, cassette tapes (remember those?) have only about 6 bits' worth of dynamic range, and that's with a high-end recording.

Thomas499

But lets say I wanted to build a baby monitor for fun. How could I stream audio from one device to my arduino? Could I buy a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth shield for the arduino and pair them? I haven't seen a bluetooth shield that can be hooked directly to a speaker yet... what other options are out there?

I bet there is an engineer on here that can figure out a way to approach this.

lazaro

Much appreciate your apptaciones.

It has been very useful. I researched a little more about wireless transmission and have found good information regarding NRF24L01 module. Now need to encode it and try.

Greetings. :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy