Go Down

Topic: Whistle Detection (Read 128 times) previous topic - next topic

dterkulve

Hello everybody!

I've started using Arduino for a few weeks now and i've started a new project. I want to build a system that closes my curtains when it detects a whistle being blown.

As a prototype, I want to start small. The idea is to connect a simple, condensor microphone to a high pass filter then to my Arduino board. That way the only time a signal reaches the Arduino, is when a certain frequency is registered. After this I want to move a stepper motor, and when I whistle again I want to move the stepper motor back.

Is this a feasible plan? What would the microphone, high-pass filter, arduino connection look like?

Thank you for any help I can get!

Diederick

abhir24

Use the Arduino FFT library provided by open music labs and do fft analysis to get whistle frequency. And use that as an input to start the motor.

Grumpy_Mike

Or up you could use a simple tone decoder chip, much simpler.

. The idea is to connect a simple, condensor microphone to a high pass filter then to my Arduino board. That way the only time a signal reaches the Arduino, is when a certain frequency is registered.
I think you have unrealistic expectations of what a filter can do.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy