Go Down

Topic: Arduino library for WTV020-SD-16P audio module (Read 113 times) previous topic - next topic

EA3BIL

Mar 11, 2013, 05:32 pm Last Edit: Mar 15, 2013, 06:28 pm by EA3BIL Reason: 1
Sorry I originally wrote in Spanish  ( Maybe it was because of frustration  =(  )

In English now...

I'm so sorry to tell you about none of two modules is working at all.   =(

I used THREE completelly NEW SD Kingston cards I got from:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/221194347559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 )

Also a 1Gb Sandisk SD SanDisk from:
( http://www.ebay.es/itm/160983521327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649  )

On the TWO modules I got from:
( http://www.ebay.es/itm/150916490980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649  )
(v.1.5 powered 3.3v from Arduino Leonardo power output).

...and nothing on the speaker, not even a single click.

I think I'll move my project to a different device (maybe the one from SparkFun).
Current ones make me feel NO confidence on them at all.

NOTE:
The TWO modules, Kingston and Sandisk SDs are available to you for running tests, just let me know...

Ciao,
Rafa.

knut_ny

Mar 19, 2013, 11:15 pm Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013, 10:42 pm by knut_ny Reason: 1
..and then there are two of us.

I also got two modules.  Tried 5 different 1GB/2GB cards. Tried both 3.3 and 5V.
Cards formatted FAT16 with SD's utilitie (and others)
Example-files copied one by one.. and in 'bulk'. Tried renaming files to 0.ad4 .. 00.ad4  and 000.ad4 - NOTHING!
Verified with osc.scope that timing for reset , clk and dta is exactly according to datasheet.
NO sound - (not even a tiny litte 'pip')

--busy-line show some kind of life as it  drops for a while  after sending commands.

... Time to trash this shit ? or is there a "magic" SD-card out there?

I had better luck to make a player with shiftregister 74xx595 and a R2R net.
This plays 8bits PCM files at speeds ut to 16Ksamples/sec. (interruptdriven)
Audacity converts to my req. format without a problem.

knut, Narvik, Norway

EDIT 29.3.
I am waiting for new memory cards 128K and 256K.
(since they are not to be found in Norway, they will cross the globe..)
Ny

the-rebel-agent

And again, this module is VERY PESKY about the uSD card that reads. I tried a lot of them until got one that did work.

ntmcguff

EA3BIL and knut_ny,

Have you tried the module as a stand alone and not connected to the arduino?

The module only likes SanDisk MicroSD cards. It is a little tricky getting the microSD card into the slot properly. You have to open up the card slot and place it into position. You can not just slide it in from the end.

Mine was not working with the arduino and I tried it in stand alone and got it to work. Reference wiring diagram in the previous posts. I then was successful in getting it to work with the arduino.

EA3BIL

Mar 27, 2013, 04:57 pm Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013, 05:08 pm by EA3BIL Reason: 1
ntmcguff,

I noticed about how tricky is to get the card correctly positioned on it...

Yes I did try to run it on StandAlone mode (aka mp3 player), same results, no sound at all (remember two modules tested, etc...)

I finally made the decision and moved to SparkFun WTV020-SD module.
(at least this one works on StandAlone mode with ALL sd's)...

I'll keep you all up-to-date about the results on using Rebel's library with it.

Go Up