Go Down

Topic: vacuum plate idea (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

winner10920

Does nyone know how I can create a vacuum plate? Similiar to a vacuum tub but entirely flat?
I was thinking of a 12x12in plate siliconed on top of another with a few rubber spacers in between to prevent it from bending in, leaving a tube in the silicone and pumping out the air
id like to see what people think before I attempt, I don't want glass shattering lol or wasting hours
this is gonna be hooked up to a high voltage supply and hopefuly work similiar to a plasma globe aat best(I know it need certain inert gases) or at worst a very large flat vacuum tube
which if I were to put filaments in there how could I? I don't really have. Supply of tungsten or anything....
and help is appreciated

johnwasser

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

winner10920

That looks cool, never saw that before
and sorta although I was thinking clearer and more of a corona discharge look than an actual plasma, less bright and more purple hue
other than the assembly, I don't know what kind of electrode would work best, I was thinking two strips on either side or even a mesh inside

johnwasser

I don't think that silicone seal work well for high vacuum.  You could try to melt the glass together.  A propane torch is hot enough to melt glass.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

winner10920

I happen to have one, hmm some experimentaion is in order

Go Up