Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: atoi() function where does it come from ?  (Read 19153 times)
Dallas, TX USA
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

You have to change the linker options to get it.

And therein lies the problem for Arduino.
The Arduino IDE does not allow you change the linker options.
(Although can set the linker options if abandon the Arduino IDE for mpide or use make with your own makefiles)

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

I as more interested in the formatted print functions than managing longs or floats. I usually do that myself beforehand. Long way round but it works for me at my poor level of comprehension of the language. It might take a few more lines of code but it works. I have little interest in floats anyway... too much like the job I retired from. This is my retirement hobby not a vocation. B'sides the Arduino is more a teaching platform than any kind of really accurate analog device and those I can buy as peripheral chips and talk to then with one serial bus or another. The Arduino is much better than TV... I don't care for the new stuff and I've seen too much of the old stuff. I noticed my cable box was out of order today and I just unplugged it...  If I get a rountoit... maybe I will do something about it. Rountoits are really hard to come by these days though.

Doc

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

The Arduino is much better than TV...

Hear, hear!

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: