Go Down

Topic: Hey, Im new here (Read 471 times) previous topic - next topic

stevo871

Hey,

It has been quite a while since I have done any sort of programming but I have ordered a kit from Amazon - SainSmart LCD Keypad Shield+ Arduino MEGA 2560 for Arduino UNO R3 Duemilanove Nano Robot

I know exactly what I want to do and theoretically I do not think it will be that hard to do but I am unsure what approach take.

Here is what I want to do:

I want to be able to get the LCD to display the "now playing" of two shoutcast servers and to display the number of listeners next to it

I currently already have a php script that gets the now playing and publishes it to twitter, would it be easier to get Arduino to display the php or connect to the server itself?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Ste

johnwasser

You can have your PC talk to the Arduino via USB cable and feed it values from the server OR you could add network access (Ethernet Shield) to your Arduino and have it talk to the server directly.  If the Arduino is close to your PC then the USB cable is easier and cheaper.  If you want it to work without the PC then Ethernet is the way to go.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

stevo871

Thanks for your quick reply, it will be near the computer so USB will be the easiest way, is there any chance you could point me into the direction of what sort of scripts I would need to search for?

Go Up