Go Down

Topic: an alternative arduino ide ? (Read 565 times) previous topic - next topic

25pinjo15

Hi

first sorry for broken english i'm french canadian from quebec

second sorry i'm a begginer in arduino

So my question is there is a alternative or mod for original ide I should install. I found great site with suggestion but alot are outdated or don't run on win xp

I have a laptop that I only use for my uno and mega . win xp 32 bit 2 go ram . core 2 duo .

I'm looking for something with lot of color to easily track my program since i'm new to c++
and with easy integration of library. maybe auto suggest or other fonctionnality for begginer and ect

Thank you very much and have a nice day

25pinjo15

I have succed to instal eclipse with baeyen. But the indexer is fucktop sometime work work partialy or dosent. I try multiple fix but nothing change. One in baeyen sote tell to go in c++ indexer and add file bit i dont have option to add file

Robin2

Feb 20, 2016, 06:26 pm Last Edit: Feb 20, 2016, 06:27 pm by Robin2
Why not just use the Arduino IDE?

Or do your program editing with a text editor such as Geany which I use.
I think Windoze people use Notepad+

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

25pinjo15

Because i want indexer. Auto suggest and all variable / function listed in a separate windows . Text color ect

Robin2

By the time you have found it you will be sufficiently experienced not to need it  :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

25pinjo15

Well i just make eclipse run . Just sometime i got indexer problem. But work fine. If you got good c++ basic tutorial ill take it . I dont want to copy existing code then modify it .

Robin2

If you got good c++ basic tutorial ill take it
Tutorial about what? - Building an IDE ?

...R

Robin2

sstaub

Have a look to platformio.org, the IDE based on atom have what you looking for, autocomplete, linter ...

sstaub

taoyuan

Atom with PlatformIO is good option. But I'm prefer to use CLion, and using Arudino-CMake to enable arduino aupport for CLion.

Or a lighter and better option to use iotor with CLion, Atom or any ide/editor that you like.

After initializing, adding or deleting files run
Code: [Select]

# in <project>/build dir
$ cmake ..

When you want to upload:
Code: [Select]

$ make upload

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy