Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Subdivide Tools->Board menu into Cores.  (Read 1055 times)
Leeds, UK
Edison Member
Once the magic blue smoke is released, it won't go back in!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

If there is more than one core, such as having the arduino core and the tiny core, each has a seperate boards.txt file. It would be nice if the Tools->Board menu was split into which core a device comes from. At the moment, because of having two cores, the menu is longer than my screen is tall!

You could have seperate menu's like:
Tools->Board->Arduino
Tools->Board->Tiny
etc.

The name of the menu would be the same as the name of the core (with a capital at the start of course). So the arduino core is in a folder called "arduino" so the menu entry would be "Arduino", the tiny core is in a folder called "tiny", so the menu entry would be "Tiny".

If there was only one, it would remain as it is currently (with no subdivision)

Just a thought.

~Tom~

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Another option is to your boards.txt to remove items you don't need or use.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

God Member
Always making something...
View Profile

On my to-do list is scrolling menus.  There's a free java example published which adds it to jmenu.  On my machine, my sketchbook folder is taller than my monitor... and I have 1600 pixels vertical.

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

On my to-do list is scrolling menus.  There's a free java example published which adds it to jmenu.  On my machine, my sketchbook folder is taller than my monitor... and I have 1600 pixels vertical.

Yeah, they need to find at least how to add scroll to the menu

My website: http://ried.cl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: