Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Seedstudio Music Shield + Proximity Sensor?  (Read 2663 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do something really simple, and would like to see if someone has done it already. Basically, I need to trigger a sound file stored in my Music Shield (http://seeedstudio.com/wiki/Music_Shield) using a proximity sensor. So, when the analog reading goes above a level the file is triggered... if you have done something similar with other sensors that would be good too as it is just a normal analogRead.

Thanks a lot!

View Profile

I have used a PIR..and it work good because I need play a voice I have to use a Wave shield ..that work only at 12 bit!!!!
12 bit is impossible, no one software convert wav in this format!!!
have you similar problem?
thanks
fr

View Profile

I haven't tried anything like that yet.  I am going to try some more with music shield soon too.  I have been tinkering with a random state for music shield so it doesn't always play songs in the loaded order, but haven't gone too far there either.

Good luck!  I will keep checking here to see what progresses too.
-e

USA
God Member
View Profile

I have used a PIR..and it work good because I need play a voice I have to use a Wave shield ..that work only at 12 bit!!!!
12 bit is impossible, no one software convert wav in this format!!!

Are you sure it's an actual Wave shield from Adafruit?  Those boards use 16-bit .WAV files, not 12-bit. 

In any event, Audigy is a free open source software program I've used for sound recording, editing, and file conversion.  Although it doesn't support every type of audio file, it does support several so perhaps it includes the type you need.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: