Go Down

Topic: What is the {runtime.os} value on arm-linux (Read 203 times) previous topic - next topic

pert

I'm adding an avrdude tool to some 3rd party cores. Arduino's avrdude has 5 versions compiled for different "host"(operating systems):
  • arm-linux-gnueabihf
  • i386-apple-darwin11
  • x86_64-linux-gnu
  • i686-linux-gnu
  • i686-mingw32

Boards Manager installation will automatically determine the host type and install only the correct tool version but to allow manual installation of the cores all versions must be included and the correct tool is determined in platform.txt using {runtime.os}. The 3rd party hardware specification only defines three OS values: linux, windows, and macosx. From looking at the Arduino-STM32 core it appears that linux64 is also a valid value. So that leaves me with needing to determine the value to use for the "arm-linux-gnueabihf" version.

Does anyone know what this value is?

If anyone has a Raspberry Pi, etc. with the Arduino IDE running on it and is willing to check I can provide a test board package.

Once I figure this out I'll update the specification with all values.

Robert10

If anyone has a Raspberry Pi, etc. with the Arduino IDE running on it and is willing to check I can provide a test board package.
Your topic is interesting. I have Raspberry Pi 2 and willing to check according to your instruction.

Thanks,

pert

Thanks! I have attached a test board package. To install and run the test:
  • Download the attached file
  • Copy the folder runtimeosTest from the downloaded zip file to {sketchbook folder}/hardware. You can find the location of your sketchbook folder at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.
  • Start or restart the Arduino IDE.
  • Tools > Board > runtime.os test
  • File > Preferences > Show verbose output on > compilation(check)
  • Sketch > Verify/Compile
  • After the compilation fails you will see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error message". Click that button.
  • Paste the error in a message here. By looking at the compiler output I can find the value of {runtime.os} on Raspberry Pi.

If you prefer using Boards Manager to install the test package instead of manual installation I can provide a Boards Manager URL.

As I said before, I'll add the information to the Arduino IDE 1.5 3rd party Hardware specification so that it will be available for everyone.

pert

Your topic is interesting. I have Raspberry Pi 2 and willing to check according to your instruction.
@Robert10 did you ever get a chance to try it out?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy