Go Down

Topic: Found a place for cheap pcb manufacturing (Read 35149 times) previous topic - next topic

HugoPT

Thanks it really simplify my problem.
In your opinion, when run the DRC check I get a lot of warnings about "stop mask".Can I ignore this warning?
Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

CrossRoads

If you are happy with your reference designator placements (R1, R2, C1, etc) and anything else you have on the Names layers (25 & 26), then you can ignore them.  I try and place all names so they don't overlap vias, pads, holes, and also the place markings for parts. You can right-click a part, SMASH it, and then move names, change their properties for size, font, etc.

Review the gerber files, you see can see what will end up the top & bottom for stenciling.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

skyjumper

Is that what all my "stop mask" errors are? Silk screen that overlaps something?

skyjumper

After a bit of digging I found a place for super cheap PCB manufacturing.

http://www.oshpark.com/

I just checked their site, and one thing worth pointing out is that their boards are all ENIG, which means gold immersion. I order all my boards ENIG because I believe its well worth the extra expense. So if you compare prices to this place be sure the place you're comparing to also is quoting ENIG.

I have been happy with International Circuits, but that does not mean I won't at least look ;-)

CrossRoads

"Is that what all my "stop mask" errors are? Silk screen that overlaps something? "
Yep.  Large qty of them will be the outlines around connectors for instance.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

skyjumper

"Is that what all my "stop mask" errors are? Silk screen that overlaps something? "

So then all the slik screen is going to make an error, since its all on the stop mask.

CrossRoads

I wouldn't worry about it as long as your Ref Des #s are clear and not intefering with connector markings or parts placement markings.

0miker0

My first post mentioned that I ordered my boards from: http://www.oshpark.com/ It's been a while and since then the boards came in, have been populated and my layout is up and running. Manufacturing them and delivery took around 30 days but if you are in no rush then do recommend them. The quality is great for prototype boards. The drill hole alignment on the pads was well centered but the silkscreen was off a bit only on the backside. No worries there as long as the drill holes are good.

This was my first custom board so dropping the bootloader on was interesting. It turned out to be easier then what I was expecting. In my world, that never happens.

Check it out at:
https://sites.google.com/site/0miker0/Designing-your-custom-Arduino-Board

danb35

So then all the slik screen is going to make an error, since its all on the stop mask.

Not exactly.  The stop mask layer is a negative layer.  IOW, it indicates where the solder mask will not be.  Ideally, there wouldn't be any overlap between the silkscreen and the solder mask layers.

mmcp42

I found that using vector instead of proportional text dramatically reduced the number of spurious stop mask error reports
my guess is that proportional defines a rectangle to hold the text
if that rectangle crosses a stop mask - ALARM ALARM the world is falling in
by converting the text to vector is just moans where there's a real problem

basically you don't want the silk screen printing on top of where you're trying to solder
IMHO YMMV
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

CrossRoads

Like I said: "I wouldn't worry about it as long as your Ref Des #s are clear and not intefering with connector markings or parts placement markings."
I personally think proportional ends up looking better.

wwbrown

One debugging step I have learned the hard way is to view only layer 19 the unrouted layer.  In a complex board you may not be able to see short unrouted air traces, by only showing the unrouted layer you of course can see them clearly if they are there.

Unrouted traces can occur if you route by hand or auto so I think this is a good debugging step.

wade

Steph

One debugging step I have learned the hard way is to view only layer 19 the unrouted layer.  In a complex board you may not be able to see short unrouted air traces, by only showing the unrouted layer you of course can see them clearly if they are there.

Unrouted traces can occur if you route by hand or auto so I think this is a good debugging step.

wade

I so wish there were a way to include a test for airwires in the DFU rules. I accidentally sent a board off with an unrouted trace... d'oh! Though in the end it was an excuse to add a bit more functionality to the project with another revision, it was still an aggravating mistake.

CrossRoads

Using the Rats Nest reports on the number of unrouted traces.
I change the color to yellow to make them easier to see.
The really little short traces right on top of  pad are the hardest to find.

HugoPT

I order my boards at http://imall.iteadstudio.com/ but it almost passed 2 months and I'm still waiting.Does anyone already order boards on them and how did it take to deliver the boards?
I have more boards to send to fabrication but with this delay I need to find another pcb house.
My hope is to find a good one in Europe  8)
Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

Go Up