Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Found a place for cheap pcb manufacturing  (Read 31298 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

itead delivers to me in eastern US in about 3 weeks. 2 weeks of that seems to be clearing customs, shipping, and clearing customs.
Total time to Australia has been reported as 2 weeks.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I have usually gotten my boards back from Itead in a month

Colorado
Edison Member
Reviving dead brain cells with Arduinos.
View Profile

Normal shipping from iTead to me has been roughly 3 weeks-ish.  Expedited shipping came back in a week.

China
PCB manufacturer
View Profile

The cost is really low. smiley 

It put many different small boards which will save some tooling cost.

Agile Circuit Co., Ltd aims to be an effective and efficient source of PCB for electronic industry! www.agipcb.com

View Profile

OSHPARK  has become even more affordable. I ordered 1.25 inch x 1.25 inch double sided PCB for $7.80 for 3 pieces (We need to order in triplets) making each PCB for $2.60. The price was including shipping. Its awesome price. I am still at prototyping stage so this price is quite good. I ordered on 2nd July , expected delivery is by this weekend. I'll keep you'll posted as to how much time it took. And this was my first time ordering PCB with them.
I do want to know if I can lower price of each PCB to under a dollar as I may need about 50 of them. Any ideas?

View Profile

iTead or Seeedstudio are both $10 for 10 pieces, up to 5 cm square, or $40 for 50 pieces.  If you want to get clever, you could panelize 9 of your designs onto a 10x10 cm board, $25 for 10 pieces.  You'd need to cut them apart yourself, but that would give you 90 boards for $25, or $0.28 each.  I've only done one board with them, but I was entirely satisfied with the quality and turnaround time.  http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/fusion-pcb-service-2-layers-p-835.html

Even OSHPark will do $1/in^2 with a minimum order of 150 in^2.  For your board, that would be $1.56 each.  Less than the small-run option with them, but quite a bit more than shipping it off to China.

Edit: That price from seeedstudio isn't exactly comparable to OSHPark, as it doesn't include the ENIG (gold plated) finish on the boards--that adds $16 to the order (and that looks like a flat amount--it doesn't seem to depend on the number or size of the boards ordered).  And, of course, they don't have the purple solder mask, though a number of other colors are available.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:14:49 pm by danb35 » Logged

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Possibly of interest...

http://hackaday.com/2012/09/11/bed-of-nails-and-accuracy-in-pcb-manufacturing/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulstoffregen/teensy-30-32-bit-arm-cortex-m4-usable-in-arduino-a/posts/305527

http://www.meatandnetworking.com/resources/cheap-prototype-pcb-comparison/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:18:32 pm by Coding Badly » Logged

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Possibly of interest...

Indeed. I have to believe that iTead and Seeed use the same fab. The prices and offerings are identical, as are the specs, last I checked. I've used both and the boards look identical. For some reason, I get faster (and more consistent) turnaround time from Seeed, just over two weeks. From both, I've had drill hits that I thought could be centered better and the silk screen on my last order was thin. There is definitely some batch-to-batch variation, but I've never had a board not work. I don't suppose my designs are pushing the limits very hard though, in fact I make efforts not to. I've also used OSH Park, their boards are super, obviously superior in several respects.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

St. Leonards-on-Sea, E. Sussex, UK.
Ancient developer
View Profile

My last ITead order was accepted on the 11 September. ITead received the boards on the 18 September and I received them via DHL on the 20 September.

Leon Heller
G1HSM

View Profile

Hi,
Sounds very interesting and helpful! Thanks for sharing Electronics hobbiest .Nice price about PCB, i have doubt about their Quality and Reliability, i have been using PCB from a
PCB manufacturer since 2010. initially First time i was started my Electronics works by using cadSoft, now i'm Producing some electronic products thats why lots of PCB demands in every week. I'm delighted about their Quality PCB, reliabilities etc.
Thanks

* PCB.jpg (17.47 KB, 275x183 - viewed 84 times.)

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

i have been using PCB from a
PCB manufacturer since 2010.

What is the shipping cost from Anaheim, CA, USA to Dhaka, Bangladesh?

Given your proximity to China, why would you have your boards manufactured in the US?

Leeds, England
God Member
Quick, chuck it in the bin before the boss finds out...
View Profile

I cannot see any prices so I'll stick with the likes of Itead and Elecrow.

Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: