Go Down

Topic: First arduino project (Read 302 times) previous topic - next topic

hi all im a new arduino user, have had one laying about for a while and have done a couple basic led exercises, and now i want to hack one of my kids toys to be a very simple usb controller which i want to send keystrokes to traktor(dj software). i know its possible to end up converting to midi messages thru a 3rd party software, but since im new, and since this is going to be a toy , i dont mind dealing with the limitations of using only keystrokes.

i initially started this project as a keyboard hack, but being the noob i am im having a hard time soldering to the keyboard pcb :P so i figured id give it a try with my uno.

from my tinkering with the usb keyboard brain i tested the buttons and switches on the toy im planning on using and it all worked wonderfully until i tried to attach the jumpers and strip board to the keyboard PCB. basically the solder wouldnt stick to the pcb very well and i was frying stuff trying to do work thats probably still a little over my head.

so my question is, can someone recommend a good place to start wiring these buttons from the toy to my arduino, and learning the code i will need to make it all work?

ash901226

could you post a picture of your setup? i cant understand what are you trying to do

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy