Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to open the project made with Jantje's plugin under eclipse  (Read 865 times)
China
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, all,

Hoping this is the correct place I ask the question.

I installed the Eclipse Indigo with Jantje's plugin for Arduino under Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04. Under the same OS, I knew how to creat and reopen the project created with this plugin, but if I switched to another OS, I had no idea how to open the project since the 'open project' menu item was disabled. Any sugguestions would be highly appreciated!

China
View Profile

For example, if a project was created with CodeBlocks, the ext name for the project file would be cbp, double clicked it would fire CB to open it. I did not find a project file in the files created with Eclipse, however.

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

Hi
I'm assuming you have a dual boot system and that the same disks are available to both os'es
In eclipse projects belong to a workspace. So you do not open a project you open a workspace and the workspace contains projects.

The first thing you do when eclipse starts is selecting a workspace. The workspace is actually a folder. For instance In windows that could be c:\myworkspace. Note that you can set a default workspace in which case you are not asked to select the workspace.
When you boot your system in Ubuntu you need to locate this folder/workspace and use the same workspace when starting eclipse.
Once you have done so all the projects must be visible.
Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

China
View Profile

thank you, Jantje, for your kind reponse and your useful plugin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: