Go Down

Topic: blow up arduino uno (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

berido

hey

i was working with my arduino uno r3 on a metal plate and i think there was a short circuit. i saw a little spark.
so i think i blew up my arduino.

but there are some good things, the on and L led are lighted when the usb cable is connected.

but when i try to send a program to it i get the " avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 " error.

is my arduino realy blown up? is there a way i can test it?
is it posible just the ic is broken so i can change it easy?

thx
berido

CrossRoads

Does the uC feel warm/hot to the touch? That's usually a good indicator that it is gone.

You could also try the serial loopback test, see if the USB/serial adapter chip is blown.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,73748.0.html
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

berido

no it doesnt get hot

and does the test mean the serial monitor from arduino?
because when i type in something there is nothing comming in the window.

does this mean it is broken?

grz

CrossRoads

"does the test mean the serial monitor from arduino?"
Yes. and Yes. That little chip is about impossible to replace if you don't have hot air soldering station.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

berido

is it normal that the thinks i send also dont come in de window?

CrossRoads

No - that usually indicates the little square chip next to the USB connector is dead too. That's why I said "That little chip is about impossible to replace if you don't have hot air soldering station."

Go Up