Go Down

Topic: Help with 2/2R DAC Quick!!! (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic

Casey Gross

I have just soldered together a 6 bit R/2R digital to analog converter. The problem Im having is that the voltages i get are like so..... .07-.22-.36-.51-1.8-1.94 and so forth. My question is why is there a bit voltage jump from .51volts to 1.8 volts. any help is appreciated!

RuggedCircuits

Maybe you put in the wrong resistor value?

What can you show us in terms of a schematic or picture?

--
The Flexible MIDI Shield: MIDI IN/OUT, stacking headers, your choice of I/O pins

Casey Gross

It shouldnt be a wiring problem I have followed numerous schematics from the web. And I am using 1k and 2k ohm resistors. Is the output from the dac non linear? Just a guess

RuggedCircuits

Nope, it should be linear. Power down the circuit, take out all the resistors, and measure them with a DMM just to be sure.  Or look at them carefully and make sure they're brown-black-red (1k) and red-black-red (2k) throughout. Red and orange/violet are sometimes confused, as are black and brown.

--
The QuadRAM shield: add 512 kilobytes of external RAM to your Arduino Mega/Mega2560

Casey Gross

Ok thank you for the quick responses it seems I have a malfunctioning resistor in the circuit.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy