Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lower than notmal serial monitor numbers from photocell  (Read 357 times)
NC,US
@Weedar_64 #Farmlife
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

in a laser tripwire setup i run the photocell calibration code and the numbers shown on the serial monitor screen never get above 15 with laser light and 35 with led light. much lower than the values shown in tutorials. i am using a 10k resistor with the analog input and all the circuitry is correct. any help would be apreciated

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

all the circuitry is correct.

That must mean your LDR is defective.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

in a laser tripwire setup i run the photocell calibration code and the numbers shown on the serial monitor screen never get above 15 with laser light and 35 with led light. much lower than the values shown in tutorials. i am using a 10k resistor with the analog input and all the circuitry is correct. any help would be apreciated

What sort of light sensor are you using: LDR, photodiode, or phototransistor?

Whichever one it is, if you want to improve sensitivity, you need to increase the value of the resistor from 10K to something higher. Try 100K.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Durham UK
aka Craig Turner
View Profile

HI,

could you post a links to the tutorial and other pages you mention?

thanks

Craig Turner, blog: http://gampageek.blogspot.co.uk/ It helps with my learning if I write things down, esp. for others to follow (constructive comments welcomed to improve)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: