Go Down

Topic: clion configuration to use with arduino plugin (on windows) (Read 83 times) previous topic - next topic

wanek

hello!

i would like to configure clion (2016.1.3) to use with arduino plugin (https://github.com/francoiscampbell/CLionArduinoPlugin), on windows 10.

i have followed this instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/Setup-JetBrains-Clion-for-Arduino-Development/?ALLSTEPS . after some tinkering, now i can upload basic sketches and use the serial monitor.

however, i have one more question: what should i set up in clion to recognise the arduino libraries? they are marked with red in the ide, and it says: can not find 'SPI.h'. when i try to upload a sketch with some libs, at compilation says:

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\CLion 2016.1.3\bin\cmake\bin\cmake.exe" --build C:\Users\wanek\.CLion2016.1\system\cmake\generated\UNO-931ddf68\931ddf68\Debug --target upload -- -j 4

[ 86%] Built target uno_CORE

[ 89%] Built target uno_EEPROM

Scanning dependencies of target UNO

[ 93%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/UNO.dir/UNO_UNO.ino.cpp.obj

C:/Users/wanek/ClionProjects/UNO/UNO.ino:53:63: fatal error: SPI.h: No such file or directory

#include <SPI.h> //for digipot serial interface

^

compilation terminated.

mingw32-make.exe[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/UNO.dir/UNO_UNO.ino.cpp.obj] Error 1

mingw32-make.exe[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/UNO.dir/all] Error 2

mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/upload.dir/rule] Error 2

CMakeFiles\UNO.dir\build.make:65: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/UNO.dir/UNO_UNO.ino.cpp.obj' failed

CMakeFiles\Makefile2:99: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/UNO.dir/all' failed

CMakeFiles\Makefile2:249: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/upload.dir/rule' failed

Makefile:182: recipe for target 'upload' failed

mingw32-make.exe: *** [upload] Error 2

after a breif advice on the instructables, i've moved all my arduino libs in the folder 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\'.
now clion finds them (as external libraries), but they are not active. i permanently got the: 'some source files are located outside of cmakelists.txt directory. you can change the project root, or ignore this in future' warning.
(see attached image)

i have reloaded the project, restarted clion, restarted windows, deleted temp files, etc, but nothing helps.
my original arduino 1.6.9 ide works perfectly, the libs are recognised and i can upload the same sketch.

has anybody already succeeded with configuring clion for arduino, in a windows environment?
thank you for help!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy