Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42   Go Down
Author Topic: [MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC  (Read 240417 times)
USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I seem to have found an issue.  If I have 46 libraries (folders) in the install path, I get "launch4j" errors.  When I delete one of the libraries, the program starts fine.  It also doesn't matter which library I delete, still get the same error.  All libraries work fine in the original Arduino IDE install.

This is a fresh install of the latest build.
Win7 x64 (All updates)

UPDATE:  It seems that something is conflicting with the "Documents" location.  If I have any libraries in the Documents/Arduino/libraries folder, your IDE doesn't want to start.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 12:29:58 pm by codlink » Logged

//LiNK

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

I seem to have found an issue.  If I have 46 libraries (folders) in the install path, I get "launch4j" errors.  When I delete one of the libraries, the program starts fine.  It also doesn't matter which library I delete, still get the same error.  All libraries work fine in the original Arduino IDE install.

This is a fresh install of the latest build.
Win7 x64 (All updates)

UPDATE:  It seems that something is conflicting with the "Documents" location.  If I have any libraries in the Documents/Arduino/libraries folder, your IDE doesn't want to start.

Hi,

That's very weird because I have a lot of libraries (I tested with >50 when working on the Scrollbars for the menus), but most of them are disabled via the "library manager" option.

What you changed to produce the error? What is the path of your libraries right now? (absolute path in Preferences) Did this error happened the first time you installed the app and copied something to the default library folder? Can you check that you are copying the libraries to the same path you get when clicking Browse: Libraries from Sketch/Manage as shown here:

My website: http://ried.cl

USA, FL
God Member
View Profile

Nothing changed from the defaults.  I got the error and tried most of the common troubleshooting techniques.  Then, I completely uninstalled ERW and re-installed it with all default settings.

Path to libraries that is getting errors: F:\Applications\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.4\libraries

I did some experimenting and When I move all of the libraries to my documents folder, the error goes away.  If I put some in the documents folder and some in the install path, I get the error.

//LiNK

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Nothing changed from the defaults.  I got the error and tried most of the common troubleshooting techniques.  Then, I completely uninstalled ERW and re-installed it with all default settings.

Path to libraries that is getting errors: F:\Applications\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.4\libraries

I did some experimenting and When I move all of the libraries to my documents folder, the error goes away.  If I put some in the documents folder and some in the install path, I get the error.

That directory is for "system default" libraries, you should use the one in your documents, check the option I say to you in the previous version.

USA, FL
God Member
View Profile

That's always the excuse.  Funny how the regular IDE doesn't have any problems with the libraries in the install directory.  I installed your IDE to get past not being able to scroll through the library list.  I guess every program as it's faults.

//LiNK

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

That's always the excuse.  Funny how the regular IDE doesn't have any problems with the libraries in the install directory.  I installed your IDE to get past not being able to scroll through the library list.  I guess every program as it's faults.

You want to install libraries there? Any reason in particular? I can research the problem if you need to, it is just not a good practice because that folder will be replaced if you update the app, but your document folder will always keep the libraries. I can think on 1 issue: maybe there are duplicated libraries between the directories? Remember this version does not share the same preferences files with the other one (it uses his own preferences).

USA, FL
God Member
View Profile

No reason really..  Just that's where I installed my first library when I was new.  I also never had a problem with it overwriting 3rd party libraries.  It will, of course, overwrite the default libraries.  Which I would rather have it that way.  If they ever update a library along with the release of a new IDE version, the library gets updated as well. 

No, there were no duplicates between directories.  But, I guess it's not a big deal.  So, don't worry about it.  Keep enhancing your IDE!  I will have to get accustomed to using my documents folder..

//LiNK

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

I am not sure if I have to keep maintaining this mod anymore  smiley-lol because I recently noticed that Arduino team finally added a Windows installer for the official version http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software also soon official version will have scroll, and other goodness.

I haven't checked yet if they fixed all the small details like the icons and so, but it seems they finally took action on some of the complains over the Windows version, and that is certainly good but makes this version a bit pointless.

BHZ, MG, Brazil
Android developer; Arduino enthusiast
View Profile

I am not sure if I have to keep maintaining this mod anymore  smiley-lol because I recently noticed that Arduino team finally added a Windows installer for the official version http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software also soon official version will have scroll, and other goodness.

I haven't checked yet if they fixed all the small details like the icons and so, but it seems they finally took action on some of the complains over the Windows version, and that is certainly good but makes this version a bit pointless.

Well, buddy, I hope you DON'T stop improving your version. It is so much better than the official IDE in so many aspects....

For example, whoever develops the official IDE, is unable to fix the bluetooth compatibility problem, and everytime the official IDE has to enumerate serial ports, it hangs it the bluetooth is on. On my notebook, for example, I have to disable bluetooth, and therefore the Wi-fi card, just to start the ofcicial IDE. That is one bug that pisses me off.

I know you are working on a way to upload just the HEX files to the Arduino (I suggested that too!), so and that will be a very valuable addition to the enhanced IDE.

In other words, your IDE is years ahead of the official IDE. Please don't stop.

If it as matter of lack of Pepsi, please let us know!

Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

USA, FL
God Member
View Profile

I agree with AlxDroid, please don't stop!  There are hundreds of Arduino users that enjoy using your IDE.  Your installer is a little enhancement compared to other features your IDE provides, IMO.  I thought you were working on adding line numbers?  I would greatly appreciate that feature.

//LiNK

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Yeah, I still have to finish few things (hex import, line numbers, and so... update to 1.0.5 too!), but it is good that the official version it is going forward in specific windows stuff. I was talking about a pretty 'near future'  smiley-yell

Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile

eried
1.5.X will bring lots of change for you. But I'm sure you will feel the urge to improve smiley-grin that version to.
It seems to me that you have quite a lot of experience making end user improvements and supporting software. Therefore I would consider it a great loss to the Arduino community if you stopped doing these mods.
In short: I hope your Arduino pepsi source will not dry out.

Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Mid-Atlantic, USA
God Member
"Remember kids, the only difference between Science and screwing around is writing it down." - Adam Savage
View Profile

It's little things that are keeping me on 1.0.4ERW for primary development (then final compile on 1.0.5) are:
* The setting for "Use the same window when opening a Sketch as default". I know it's really little but I find that when I open ArduinoIDE and then from the menu open a sketch, having to then go and close the original window is annoying.
* The setting for "Open the Serial Monitor automatically when uploading as default". Again, even though clicking the button to open the serial monitor after uploading a new version of a sketch (after the Serial Monitor window is automatically closed) is an annoyance. Especially when doing lots of uploads when tweaking and trying to isolate bugs.
* The estimated SRAM usage. I understand that this isn't truly accurate (though I'm not sure how off it is), but if I can get that number to go down I feel like I'm properly optimizing code.
* Latest version of WinAVR gives me the warm fuzzy feeling that I'm using the latest and greatest, hopefully matching the online documentation closer than the old version. (Would be nice for the WinAVR team to actually post on the website the versions of the included tools...)
* When starting fresh having the basic framework automagically there is nice, and something that was stripped out going to 1.0.5.

The higher resolution icon is nice and doesn't make my task bar look ugly (something not fixed in 1.0.5, at least with manual installation from the zip file).

I'm looking forward to line numbers, but expect that to be a bit tougher nut to crack. (I imagine that back-porting modern features of jEdit to the legacy branch that ArduinoIDE uses is probably like repeatedly running full tilt into a brick wall until you break through...)

View Profile

Hi,

Found what appears to be a small bug. I was using ERW 1.0.4 to program bootloaders using ArduinoISP onto Atmega 328P chips (on breadboards).

I could upload the duemilanove bootloader but NOT The UNO bootloader. It came up with an error msg.

***failed;  avrdude.exe: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000 ............................

If I however tried EXACTLY The same hardware configuration but using the official 1.0.4 IDE. It uploaded the bootloader to the chip without any problems.

Minor problem, but thought I'd let you know.

Possibly related: I also had an issue trying to upload a sketch to a breadboard chip (by removing the 328P from the UNO and connecting TX and RX pins), but this also failed. It MAY be related, but the breadboard I was using isn't with me so cannot test with the official IDE release.

Great Work.

Cheers

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

I've used ArduinoISP to burn bootloaders and program both with RS232 or ISP and the modded 1.04 release... 328's and 85's are all I've programmed so far but the setup works flawlessly With no issues. as a matter of fact ver 1.01 won't work to do the same task. I made the adafruit shield but I modified it so that I could plug the 6 pin ISP cable into any ISP connector and program the chip from my shield... Necessary because I modified the shield to program 2313's and 85's.. and the 6 pin ISP connector.

Doc

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42   Go Up
Jump to: