Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42   Go Down
Author Topic: [MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC  (Read 226679 times)
BHZ, MG, Brazil
Android developer; Arduino enthusiast
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I made the adafruit shield but I modified it so that I could plug the 6 pin ISP cable into any ISP connector and program the chip from my shield...

I've done the exact same thing! My shield has an ICSP header and a jumper, which determines if the MCU being flashed gets its RESET signal from the ICSP header or from the shield. I also used a clone of the Ada Arduino Protoboard as a basis for my build, and I added a couple bypass caps to the board as well, just to be safe.

Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

I can program any chip from either method... as I've said Unfortunately, I can't help you much more. I use an AMD FX 6100 6 core processor running at 3.3 GHz with Win7 Ultimate. I've read comments from various people about this issue and unless there is a wiring issue?. I made several several myself before I put power to it.. Even after all the years I've still not learned that I'm not infallible. I may know the words but I've not yet comprehended them yet. So I make mistakes, I check my work and look that all is as intended, twice... Before I ever apply power I use my fluke to verify LED polarity, It's just what works for me.

Doc

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

I am not sure if the changes in the WinAVR affect the way the programmer works. Anybody knows?

I am not very related with using the IDE for programming, I always use Khazama Avr programmer with this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-USBasp-USBISP-3-3V-5V-AVR-Programmer-USB-ATMEGA8-New-/261021924011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc61e7aab smiley for 3 usd it is even cheaper than uploading some code to the arduino every time you want to upload something (cheaper than the hustle)

My website: http://ried.cl

View Profile

Hi, Thank you for your updates.

I have tried both of your version (ERW 1.0.4 and 1.0.5) but I got an error: "Error compiling" when try to verify/compile example codes using libraries such as from servo.h. But it is okay when using basic examples such as AnalogReadSerial.

Fyi, I am using Windows 8 Pro 64bit, Arduino Mega 2560. I only can used your ERW version since I always got Launch4j error if using the standard version.  smiley-cry

Thank you.

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Hi, Thank you for your updates.

I have tried both of your version (ERW 1.0.4 and 1.0.5) but I got an error: "Error compiling" when try to verify/compile example codes using libraries such as from servo.h. But it is okay when using basic examples such as AnalogReadSerial.

Fyi, I am using Windows 8 Pro 64bit, Arduino Mega 2560. I only can used your ERW version since I always got Launch4j error if using the standard version.  smiley-cry

Thank you.

Can you upload your code to check why compiling fails?

View Profile

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have Arduino IDE & also the ERW enhanced version on my laptop which is running win7 Ultimate. Eiether IDE takes 40-50 secs to compile even simple sketches like the blink prog. My laptop is not bluetooth enabled & I have tried things like replacing the rxtxserial file, disabling wireless, virus checker etc. & it all makes no difference. Either IDE takes close to a minute to compile. I have tried my Uno R3 on my work laptop using standard IDE & compilation takes 2-3 secs as I would expect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - Many thanks,  John

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have Arduino IDE & also the ERW enhanced version on my laptop which is running win7 Ultimate. Eiether IDE takes 40-50 secs to compile even simple sketches like the blink prog. My laptop is not bluetooth enabled & I have tried things like replacing the rxtxserial file, disabling wireless, virus checker etc. & it all makes no difference. Either IDE takes close to a minute to compile. I have tried my Uno R3 on my work laptop using standard IDE & compilation takes 2-3 secs as I would expect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - Many thanks,  John

It is for sure some security solution you missed to disable. Check again, if you can't find any I can log to your pc remotely (send me a PM in about 8 hrs) via TeamViewer to fix your problem.

View Profile

Interesting, but...

1: I use Linux
and
2: It is still not as good and doesn't have enough tweaks as if I was just using NetBeans and make.

Still, it is nice, even if the default tab stops are still stupid. Tabs are 8, not 2, not 4.

Perhaps it would be better if you concentrated your efforts on making a good plugin for NetBeans for noobs instead. I know you won't be doing that, so here are some suggestions.

1: Remove dependence on MS Windows.
2: Tabs are 8, not 4. You should make it user adjustable too.
3: Have some place to put in extra defines for the project, so that they can be passed to GCC and G++. e.g. -DFOO=BAR
4: Have the ability to manually add include paths to GCC and G++. e.g. -I/some/path/
5: Auto-complete.
6: Spell check.
7: Dispose of how the mainline Arduino compiles, use make, and Makefiles.

If it gets all of those modifications I would be partly tempted to use it.  smiley-mr-green

USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile

There is always one that has to complain..

If you can't and/or won't use it, then why post?  It really upsets me when someone has spent many hours on developing and testing software and then gives it out for FREE.

If you think you can make it better, then why don't you make it so I can complain.

//LiNK

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Interesting, but...

and
2: It is still not as good and doesn't have enough tweaks as if I was just using NetBeans and make.

Still, it is nice, even if the default tab stops are still stupid. Tabs are 8, not 2, not 4.

Perhaps it would be better if you concentrated your efforts on making a good plugin for NetBeans for noobs instead. I know you won't be doing that, so here are some suggestions.

1: Remove dependence on MS Windows.
2: Tabs are 8, not 4. You should make it user adjustable too.
3: Have some place to put in extra defines for the project, so that they can be passed to GCC and G++. e.g. -DFOO=BAR
4: Have the ability to manually add include paths to GCC and G++. e.g. -I/some/path/
5: Auto-complete.
6: Spell check.
7: Dispose of how the mainline Arduino compiles, use make, and Makefiles.

If it gets all of those modifications I would be partly tempted to use it.  smiley-mr-green

1) Can't remove this dependence, but source code is all there in GitHub (In particular, the dependant code is: https://github.com/eried/Arduino/tree/master/erw/csharp), so if anyone wants to remove these dependencies I will gladly accept their code. Dependencies are mainly because I enjoy using Visual Studio, but I don't enjoy Java. I know the language is similar to C# and I've used java for long years, even in programming contests (*leisure* scenarios), but I don't enjoy any IDE besides VS+Resharper http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/ (...and JetBrains provided me a free license because the .net things in the IDE, so kudos for those guys! smiley-lol).

2) Good suggestion.

3-4) Can you provide more details? Like, some scenario and what do you have to do right now as a workaround?

5-6) Hard to do. The built-in editor in the IDE is very customized and basic. I haven't checked the editor on the version 1.5 yet, maybe they upgraded the editor making any enhancement more easy to do (I haven't bought a Due or newer boards yet so I will try to keep this version updated until Arduino team moves definitely to the 1.5)

7) Why? Example?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:09:47 pm by eried » Logged

BHZ, MG, Brazil
View Profile

(...)
(...)

It is very hard to please everyone, isn't it? At least there is one guy out there - and that's Eried - that's trying to please Windows users, and I am thankful for that. Even if I didn't use Windows, I'd be appreciating the humongous effort Eried has put into developing ERW.

I completely agree with codlink.

BTW, there is a plugin already made for Eclipse, and since Eclipse is WAY BETTER than NetBeans, I'd look into that one. The Eclipse plugin development is quite active, and there is a topic for it in these forums.

BHZ, MG, Brazil
View Profile

Eried, how can I change the default template used by the ERW_IDE?

I'd like to change it because I find it more interesting to also have a few stardard comments in the sketch, and also a initial Port setup routine. For example, the code below is basically how I start most of my current sketches (I just change the port stuff to match the sketch's requirements):

Code:
/**********************************************************************
  *  Date:                          Last change:
  *  Description:
  *  Hardware requirements:
***********************************************************************/

/***** LIBRARIES ***/

/**** CONSTS    ***/

void setup() {
  DDRD |= B11111100;
  PORTD &= B00000011;  

DDRB |= B11111100;
  PORTB &= B00000011;  
}

void loop() {

}

You get the idea! Currently I have a "default-sketch.txt" file that I open, copy and paste in my blank sketches, with some code similar to the one above (which I wrote off the top of my head, since I am not in my development machine right now).

A suggestion based on this question: present a choice of templates (if more than one is available) to use when creating a new sketch. There can be a "templates" folder, and each TXT file in there is one template, one choice that will be presented to the user when creating a new project, or, like I said, just use the default.txt if it is the only file in that folder. What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:54:42 am by AlxDroidDev » Logged

Phillipines
View Profile

hey guys, may i request to the developer of the Arduino ERW Enhanced Version to put a settings on tab spaces, i want to set my tab spaces to 4, and also can may you add a style configuration where in we can be able to set backgrounds and keyword color coding. lastly, if possible, can you put an intellisense? since it is an enhance version it would be so beatiful to have an intellisense...

by the way, i would like to say thank you, Your work is great... smiley
actually I am teaching an arduino worshop here in philippines and i have recommended your Arduino ERW Enhanced Version to my students. 

USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile

You can set colors by going into the install directory/lib/theme and editing theme.txt.

//LiNK

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

There is always someone who want's everything done just as s/he want's... and usually someone incapable of doing it her/himself. I'm happy to have the Window$ version... FOR FREE. Were it Linux I would need to learn both a new operating system AND a new IDE. I am old enough that this would be a task I simply don't have the time or inclination for. When the Micro$oft applications fail to provide legacy support for older OS's, like  Micro$oft did with XP and 7 which is inevitable sooner than later, then perhaps I'll switch. Meanwhile complain, FWIW... It gives everyone else a window into your thought processes...

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42   Go Up
Jump to: