Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Down
Author Topic: [MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC  (Read 247326 times)
Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Does any one more have problem with the Serial monitor?
i have 2 problems:

1. Autoscroll checkbox not working, it is always Autoscrolling.
2. if sending text on 1 line to long the monitor hangs and with that all arduino erw windows.( Variabel overflow?, force new line before it?)

Does that happens with the official? For 1) I have no clue, but 2) I am thinking the device receiving the serial maybe has problems

Hi

how do i install Teensy support into the Arduino_ERW_1.0.5_20130524? The Teensyduino 1.18 installer wont't install into the ERW folder. Copying the files from old Arduino 1.0.5 folder breaks ERW.

You can't, the teensy installer is not really an add-on, it replaces the Arduino files. But I want to include teensy support permanently in the future, it is already included in my dev version.

My website: http://ried.cl

God Member
View Profile

You can't, the teensy installer is not really an add-on, it replaces the Arduino files. But I want to include teensy support permanently in the future, it is already included in my dev version.
That would be very neat.

BTW, are the source files for your enhanced release available for download?

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Sure https://github.com/eried/Arduino/

I integrated Teensy on november last year, it works nice, I haven't tested it a lot but I am just waiting for a next arduino minor release.

View Profile

Can someone help me with this thread?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=226394.msg1637483#msg1637483

I updated the driver using 1.0.5 but Serial Port is still greyed out.

God Member
View Profile

Thanks for the link. I found and fixed that build size bug we discussed, The problem was you were reporting the size of the build as the size of the .text section from the .elf output, when the size of the build is actually the size of the .text section + the size of the .data section.

So, in Sizer.java, I changed

Code:
size+=checkTag(s," .text ");
data+=checkTag(s," .data ");
data+=checkTag(s," .bss ");

to

Code:
        int d = checkTag(s," .data ");
        size+=d;
        data+=d;
size+=checkTag(s," .text ");
data+=checkTag(s," .bss ");

and that fixed it.

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Thanks a lot smiley I just added that code from a forgotten suggestion to the official one smiley-grin but certainly I will update that.

God Member
View Profile

Thanks a lot smiley I just added that code from a forgotten suggestion to the official one smiley-grin but certainly I will update that.

I've just found another bug! (The conservation of bugs principle at work.) The ERW 1.0.5 IDE serial monitor does not seem to work for Leonardo. Try running the "ASCII Table" demo sketch for example to see the problem... Serial.print() output does not show in the monitor.

This is true whether the "open the serial window automatically..." option is selected or not.

OTOH, Leonardo output seems to work properly in "official" IDE 1.0.5.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:19:11 am by pico » Logged

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Yeah, this might be related with https://github.com/eried/Arduino/issues/13

But, I have an Leonardo now to test now smiley

View Profile

Hello! I need help!
I will try to explain from the beginning.
Two weeks ago I bough 3D printer Miicraft, which is equipped with Arduino Mega 2560.
I installed the software (several times, several OS), but it always indicates that the printer is not connected.
Googling I found this topic and I installed this mod, just to test the connection. So there was a connection, when I start serial monitor and after that reset button, led indicator flashes.
But I make a mistake. Yesterday I clicked on "upload" button, with this empty code:
void setup()
{
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop()
{
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

The Printer is equipped with UV lamp, after uploading, the lamp flashed and the communication lost.
Is there a way to revert this action?
Sorry for bad english, I hope somebody can help me.

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

You need to ask the MiiCraft guys for the original source code to reupload it again in the same way you uploaded the empty code.

BTW, how much is that printer?

View Profile

@eried, thank you for quick reply.
3000 euro, but it is from reseller from Italy.
Sorry for offtopic, have a nice day!

God Member
View Profile

Yeah, this might be related with https://github.com/eried/Arduino/issues/13

But, I have an Leonardo now to test now smiley

That's good. While I was in there, I've fixed another nasty and long standing bug that has bothered me for ages (added option immediately after "Verify code after upload"):

* dontGenProtos.JPG (54.88 KB, 444x604 - viewed 77 times.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:12:19 am by pico » Logged

God Member
View Profile

While I was in there, I've fixed another nasty and long standing bug that has bothered me for ages (added option immediately after "Verify code after upload"):

eried asked me to clarify this comment regarding the added "Do not attempt to generate prototypes" option in "preferences", and in hindsight, I agree this was probably a bit obscure.

Basically, I think the IDE preprocessor's occasionally disastrous attempt to generate prototypes makes a dubious feature that deserves, and badly needs, a way to be disabled. It leads to the unsuspecting user dealing with a particularly nasty sort of bug, where the compiler is complaining about broken code that has nothing to do with what the user has written in their sketch, but rather what the (buggy) IDE preprocessor has added, mostly invisible to the user (unless they know where and why to look).

I also happen think that the benefits of automatically generating prototypes are marginal at best, even if the IDE preprocessor could do it reliably and accurately. It doesn't save the user much work, as declaring prototypes for your functions is hardly onerous or difficult to understand (really just as complicated as the idea of having to declare a variable before you use it, and we don't have users complaining about that).

And for all the reasons that "forcing" users to declare variables before they use them is a good idea, so is "forcing" them to declare functions explicitly a good idea. And they be will learning about a bit more about "real" C/C++ along the way. So even if implemented properly (which it isn't), I would still argue this "feature" is simply a Bad Idea.

In any case, whether you think the IDE attempting to automatically generate prototypes is a blessing or a curse, I suggest the option to disable the behaviour is a useful and beneficial thing. Writing your own prototypes is good programming practice, leading to better documented and more robust programs. And the only way to have the compiler reliably pick you up on the situation where you have failed to declare your prototypes properly and consistently is to disable the IDE preprocessor's attempt to generate them for you.

End of rant. For now.

Anyway, it was an easy modification to make to the IDE. If eried is interested in the code changes to put into the next Enhanced Release, he need only ask. :-)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:01:11 am by pico » Logged

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Thanks for the info pico, I would like to have the modified code.

I will start working on 1.5.x clean version for the upcoming "enhanced" version. I am thinking on sending the changes to the official repository (at least the ones non-windows only).

God Member
View Profile

Thanks for the info pico, I would like to have the modified code.

Your wish is my command. I will send you the changes presently.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:17:09 am by pico » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Up
Jump to: