Go Down

Topic: [MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC (Read 258 times) previous topic - next topic

lost_and_confused

Yeah, that is what I have done.

My original THREE were "Freetroincs" ones.

1 - the clock
2 - an Ether 10 which I thought I blew up.
So I bought #3
3 - An "uno compatible".
It wouldn't flash.

I went back to the shop and tried several.  None of them would flash either.

Out of desperation, I went to another shop and bought an GENUINE UNO.

It won't flash.

I went to someone else's place.  He can't get them flashed either.

Out of sheer desperation - again - I dug up the Ether 10 and it actually still does work.  Other circuit quirks which I need to fix.

It flashes.

The two "new" boards won't.

One is a Freetronics and one is a Genuine Arduino.

Go figure.

mohamed_hamdy

when i click on verify this massage display on :avr-g++: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

please need help important case .... i use win 8 64bit and adruino uni R3 & adruino EWR 1.0.3

Nxukdreamer

Muchas gracias!
Arregló mi problema de "Dispositivo desconocido" con mi recientemente adquirida Arduino UNO.
=D

Benadski

When I try to start Arduino I only get the splash screen (Win7 64 Ultimate). The startup log says:

Code: [Select]

CmdLine: D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\arduino.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64: yes
Working dir: D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\.
Bundled JRE: java
Check launcher: D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Add classpath: lib\pde.jar
Add classpath: lib\core.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna.jar
Add classpath: lib\ecj.jar
Add classpath: lib\RXTXcomm.jar
Launcher: D:\Elektronica\Arduino\Arduino ERW 1.0.3\java\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args: -Xms256m -Xmx512m -classpath "lib;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base
Args length: 120/32768 chars
Exit code: 1

The normal Arduino did work, but had COM 4 already in use errors (Arduino was on COM4).

Am I forgetting something?

eried

My website: http://ried.cl

robogeek

Great modification Eriel and Thanks for sharing it with everyone.
Would love to look over the code you shared and learn something from it some day.

Thanks again.

eried

2012-12-29 Update

Too many people is having troubles in Windows 8, so I added a little reminder in the driver installer when that OS is detected. Hope that helps a lot of people getting a smoother process:

If someone wants to improve the instructions, send them to me. This update does not contains anything else, so you can skip it if you have the previous one from early december.

karlok

Hello,

thank you for this Enhanced Release!

How can I reset/reconnect the Arduino with your release? When I used the official one, I clicked on Serial Monitor and Arduino restarts then.
With "restart" I mean exactly the same as pressing the brown-red button on the Arduino saying "RESET".

Thanks again for your help :=)
using Arduino Uno Rev 3

eried

Hello,

thank you for this Enhanced Release!

How can I reset/reconnect the Arduino with your release? When I used the official one, I clicked on Serial Monitor and Arduino restarts then.
With "restart" I mean exactly the same as pressing the brown-red button on the Arduino saying "RESET".

Thanks again for your help :=)

Hi, that reset is a bug in the rxtx library, I fixed it so the enumeration is speedy in this version. Why you need that reset? Everytime you upload the code the arduino resets itself.

karlok

Hello,
I need it because I want to look how the program looks like resetted. For example now, I am working with an alarm system and if the sensor is triggered it will send some signals via radio transmission and if not it sends some other signals, and then I just reset Arduino and troubleshoot again why/why not something was triggered. Alternatively, I could change the code so that the alarm can be changed if the situation changed, e.g. stop blinking led when reed switch is closed again. but i like this reset-feature ;)
using Arduino Uno Rev 3

eried

If you need that bug, you can replace the rxtxSerial.dll file with the one from the official IDE package

karlok

using Arduino Uno Rev 3

AltairLabs

Muchissimas Gracias !

Since arduino-0021 everything for me was broken, on two different Acer Aspire netbooks. Started developing on Uno, except for the ugly USB-COM in Win7 there was not too much problem and itwas FUN to make things.  Had to upgrade Arduino IDE when I got Mega ADK, for almost a year NOTHING worked.  I tried making tables of different combinations of Java, IDE, preferences.txt, and anything else suggested on the forums.  Now with ERW 1.0.3 I can BLINK once more.

I took up Arduino not to troubleshoot WinDoze but to HAVE FUN MAKING THINGS.

THANK YOU!!!!

Enjoy a few beers on me, and I encourage everyone to contribute as well.

eried

gandboss

Hi eried hope you are well.

Ive been using ERW 1.0.3 with no problems on a Uno but now I'm using a Leonardo and I cannot get the coms to the monitor to work (same code but with the serial port test for the Leornardo).

It works ok with the non ERW ver 1.0.3

Any thoughts

best wishes
Graham

Graham

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview