[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

mmm... are you sure there isn't some kind of extension on your keyboard? ctrl+i makes sense to me because it is near ctrl+u so I guess the other combination that makes sense is ctrl+alt+u.

Are you sure it creates the tabulator in arduino itself? because I think the ide should trap the ctrl+i before the tabulator.

The shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator in Notepad, too.

And I prefer using CTRL+some key instead of pressing three keys and what about letting the user change the setting in the configuration file?

karlok:
The shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator in Notepad, too.

And I prefer using CTRL+some key instead of pressing three keys and what about letting the user change the setting in the configuration file?

Oh, you are correct! I checked the ctrl+i quickly, but if you select the text it adds the tab. What about Ctrl+Y ?
I can add the setting (as a last resource) but for the moment I prefer to keep this simple.

I still prefer Ctrl+M :wink:
Ctrl and Y is very near each other (german keyboard, QWERTZ) so I would need to use the right ctrl-key. It is ok, though

karlok:
I still prefer Ctrl+M :wink:
Ctrl and Y is very near each other (german keyboard, QWERTZ) so I would need to use the right ctrl-key. It is ok, though

OK you win! haha I tough ctrl+m was already assigned but it is not. So ctrl+m will be the final.

Thank you very much
looking forward to downloading the new version

karlok:
Thank you very much
looking forward to downloading the new version

It is available right now to download. I hope does not makes conflict now with someone in Andorra because ctrl+M adds some andorrian symbol hahah :smiley:

Works like a charm!
Thank you very much :wink:

For all these TI loves :stuck_out_tongue: I modded the Energia IDE with the same fixes/improvements:

All this afternoon I fighted with some stuff in the TI toolkit (similar problem with the official ide when I updated winavr and I noticed how to fix the Arduino version so PATH will be no required now :smiley: in some future version, this means 0 dependencies or system modifications now)

Nice!

eried:
If you need that bug, you can replace the rxtxSerial.dll file with the one from the official IDE package

Just to voice another vote for keeping a way to reset the board by a IDE switch.

In my case I do remote development (sitting in my warm room with the arduino some miles away I a cold garage) and I love the reset feature.

It would be nice to be able to load a hex file using the Arduino IDE and UNO as ISP. I have read in another thread that a person should just use AVR Dude but, it would make my life easier to do it with the IDE.

In my thoughts the menu would be like this:

1. load Uno with ISP sketch
  2. select load hex with UNO
  3. open hex file
  4. select upload hex to target board

Any thoughts?

hole:

eried:
If you need that bug, you can replace the rxtxSerial.dll file with the one from the official IDE package

Just to voice another vote for keeping a way to reset the board by a IDE switch.

In my case I do remote development (sitting in my warm room with the arduino some miles away I a cold garage) and I love the reset feature.

Reset board when serial monitor opens? or via another way? what do you think? will be a setting in preferences.txt enought?

cyclegadget:
It would be nice to be able to load a hex file using the Arduino IDE and UNO as ISP. I have read in another thread that a person should just use AVR Dude but, it would make my life easier to do it with the IDE.

3. open hex file

Any thoughts?

How the step 3 fits with the ide? where that option should be invoked in your idea?

eried:
Reset board when serial monitor opens? or via another way? what do you think? will be a setting in preferences.txt enought?

A "Reset" Button placed on the Serial Monitor window would be far more elegant.

Quote from: cyclegadget on February 13, 2013, 08:26:24 PM

3. open hex file

Any thoughts?

How the step 3 fits with the ide? where that option should be invoked in your idea?

Eried thanks for your response.

Perhaps 3) should say select the hex file to upload.

At the moment for a person to upload a hex file, they have to use an ISP and AVRDude. Then, the user needs to type command prompts for the process to work properly. I find it to be a confusing process...although I may need to learn how it is doing anyway.

I think it would be great if the IDE made the process easier for the user similarly, to uploading sketches using ISP.

Thank you for all your efforts! Your AER IDE is my absolute favorite!

cyclegadget, for sure I can add that but I need more details.

I don't use any of these functions (I use "copy hex file to clipboard" and then paste it in an external programmer app, then only click verify and upload in my external app) so I need to know the process completely, how you do it now manually, what are the "pre" conditions, like com port should be selected? board selection changes something? etc, does the manual way shows some progress bar I need to parse into the ide? etc,etc better if you do some screencast recording

hole:
A "Reset" Button placed on the Serial Monitor window would be far more elegant.

That sounds better, will attempt to add a reset button in the next version. Also now I can add signed win 8 drivers :smiley: so, no more warning

Eried, I did some research for the hex upload with Avrdude and here is what I have found so far.

A program with source code for uploading Hex files: Arduino Playground - ArduinoUpload

Here is a thread that may give clues to the process: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,37586.0.html

qoute from anther thread************************
Re: Upload Blink sketch using AVRDUDE command line

This is the comand line I've used:
avrdude.exe -V -F -C avrdude.conf -p atmega168 -c stk500v1 -P COM2 -b 57600 -U flash:w:Blink.cpp.hex -vvvv

I will be try to gather more information if you need it. Thanks for the efforts.

Hey,
There's a font from Adobe called Source Code Pro.
Very suitable for programming and coding.
Even the zeros have a dot in the middle so a capital "O" definitely looks like an "O".
More info:
http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2012/09/source-code-pro.html

In the preview, font size is set to 20.

Download:

It's so good, you might want to include it in the Arduino ERW as the default font type.

You're welcome :stuck_out_tongue:

NicksonYap:

Got it - thanks!

NicksonYap:
Hey,
There's a font from Adobe called Source Code Pro.
Very suitable for programming and coding.
Even the zeros have a dot in the middle so a capital "O" definitely looks like an "O".
More info:
http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2012/09/source-code-pro.html

In the preview, font size is set to 20.

Download:
http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage&code=1960

It's so good, you might want to include it in the Arduino ERW as the default font type.

Cool! I was looking for a new font without commercial license just this week
https://github.com/evilcorp/Energia/commit/f0a841cc1bbc871ab20ba51f71cc80121afa6c4b

haha :smiley: will use this one, thanks