Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40   Go Down
Author Topic: [MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC  (Read 196257 times)
Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

No one can help what the native platform does by itself. Deliberate fragmentation is a different thing altogether.

View Profile

come on now

these fixes to the arduino system are great, and long over due.
    the way problems have been on the forum for years and not acted upon is very depressing,

hopefully, now its September the italains are back from the august break, and we might get some fix's.
   till then , at least we have some one who can support us, and all power to them.

now if we could only get rid of the warnings generated from the standard libraries, like tone,
    and hardware serial,

not that this can be done here, it has / should be by the developers, but again the bugs have been highlighted for years, and not fixed..

Greenville, IL
Edison Member
Warning Novice on board! 0 to 1 chance of errors!
View Profile

I downloaded the "AER" last night and took a look at it. I think it is nice and I am glad that you are sharing your efforts with us.

As far as fragmentation is concerned, I think you are fine as long as you make it clear to the users that this is a custom Arduino program as opposed to the program provided by the Arduino company. If you consider we have plug-in for Eclipse, and other IDE's, there are other branches of Arduino IDE already out there.

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

I am currently using Ver 1.01 on a 64 bit machine can I install this thing separately? or uninstall it if necessary. Perhaps a better question would what affect will it have on my current Arduino environment? I am also looking at that Arduino plugin for Visual Studio, I have your package and the others as well and I am wondering what might be the best path, Fix my current installation?, install Visual Studio and the plug in? Any Advice?

Doc

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

I am currently using Ver 1.01 on a 64 bit machine can I install this thing separately? or uninstall it if necessary. Perhaps a better question would what affect will it have on my current Arduino environment? I am also looking at that Arduino plugin for Visual Studio, I have your package and the others as well and I am wondering what might be the best path, Fix my current installation?, install Visual Studio and the plug in? Any Advice?

Doc

It is completelly separated from 1.0.1 smiley just test it

My website: http://ried.cl

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

OK! new version

I fixed small details on the AvrDude wrapper and added all the missing features to the library manager, add library from files, add from zip, remove them with ease!:

Tacoma, WA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

This is VERY awesome. All these improvements are great and much needed. I hope your improvements can get rolled into the next update of the official version.

Brian from Tacoma, WA
Arduino evangelist - since Dec, 2010.

Tacoma, WA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I can't get it to run, I'm getting this message:

This is on a fresh machine that's never had the base Arduino installed, so maybe this version has only been tested on an existing setup so far?

Brian from Tacoma, WA

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

I can't get it to run, I'm getting this message:

This is on a fresh machine that's never had the base Arduino installed, so maybe this version has only been tested on an existing setup so far?

Try to run it once as Admin, probably there is some problem with permissions in your machine.

Tacoma, WA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Nope, same problem. Turned User Account Control all the way down, rebooted, same error. I'll try the standard Arduino and see if the problem goes away.

Brian from Tacoma, WA

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Nope, same problem. Turned User Account Control all the way down, rebooted, same error. I'll try the standard Arduino and see if the problem goes away.

You will get the same error. There is some issue when the IDE creates the sketch folder. Maybe you have a file (not a folder) named "Arduino" in your Documents

View Profile

I love it!  Three thumbs up!...and that's hard to do!  Haven't used the official ide since I got this.  My thoughts on improvments...please, please, please, please fix the bug that prevents the window from opening in the last location and size when you don't use file:quit.  If at all possible, would be great to have it open with the last sketch that was being edited as well.  I did notice that the serial window in your mod does this correctly now (official ide doesn't).

Once again, great work and thank you.

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

I love it!  Three thumbs up!...and that's hard to do!  Haven't used the official ide since I got this.  My thoughts on improvments...please, please, please, please fix the bug that prevents the window from opening in the last location and size when you don't use file:quit.  If at all possible, would be great to have it open with the last sketch that was being edited as well.  I did notice that the serial window in your mod does this correctly now (official ide doesn't).

Once again, great work and thank you.

What is that bug? I never recall arduino remembering the window position on startup :O

How to replicate/ what is the suggested behaviour?

IDE for Microsoft Visual Studio and Atmel Studio 6.1, optional USB Debugger
View Profile

Good job! Well done

Arduino for Microsoft Visual Studio Pro and Atmel Studio 6.1 http://www.visualmicro.com
Arduino Debugger http://www.visualmicro.com/post/2012/05/05/Debug-Arduino-Overview.aspx

Worst state in America
God Member
View Profile

Hello, this is a tweaked Arduino IDE, hope you enjoy it! If it works for you please leave a comment.

Nice work!

I added a button to my IDE that you may be interested in:

It's a "Reload and Upload" button.

Since I use an external editor, it was a pain to have to click "Open", then re-select my filename, then click "Upload" again to test the code. So, my new button automatically reloads, then compiles and uploads the sketch.

Now all I have to do is edit, then click my new button.

The new button REPLACES the "New" button ONLY if "Use external editor" is checked. This keeps the IDE layout looking the same, except that the "New" button is now a "soft" button that changes function (and appearance) depending on if "Use external editor" is checked or not.

Since my mod only changes "EditorToolbar.class", I can unzip the "pde.jar" file, replace the "EditorToolbar" class, then re-zip it and it works.

I'll post the code if you're interested (it's only a few extra lines of code and a modified "buttons.gif" file).

Here's how it looks:

-- Roger

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40   Go Up
Jump to: