Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hacking the Volkswagen CAN-Comfort Bus  (Read 5551 times)
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I´ve hacked some messages from the confort can bus (Volkswagen):

RPM:

Window Control:

The example is a time control, but I´ve the position feedback message. And another more like clock, central locking, ....

http://secuduino.blogspot.com/2011/04/grupo-volkswagen-can-confort.html
(at the moment, it´s in spanish. The google translator works quite well).

Regards,

Igor R.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:42:26 pm by Igor R » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

What are your eventual plans for this newly gathered data?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Edison Member
View Profile

The next step is connecting to the Traction Can Bus, which you can get 4 wheel speed, yaw, gLat, throttle position, etc....
The confort one, it´s interesting because you can control windows, locking, etc. You can implement the typical security feature that some cars have like when you are more than a certain among of speed, all the doors are locked (it´s just an example).

My main objetive is data acquisition with a good display and some math channels, but one time you are connected, who could resist don´t try to control some stuff??? hehehe

smiley-wink
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:43:18 am by Igor R » Logged

Edison Member
View Profile

Today, I´ve achieved to add the typical feature than in some cars are implemented (not in my golf iv).
Roll up/down the windows using remote key!! At the moment, 3 of them as I can't find how to do this with the front left window (driver).

smiley-twist
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:28:01 am by Igor R » Logged

View Profile

Igor,

I have an arduino UNO r3 and the 10039 can bus shield with an obd2 to db9 cable. I have mounted the shield onto the arduino. At first I wasn't getting anything from the system but then I disconnected the reset pin header and things are transmitting better now.

I still can't get any info from the car though. I haven't found a good program that would allow me to interpret can signals. Please help. How are you able to see the RPM's? Do I have my setup wrong? I have a 2006 passat btw. I have found a lot of info about the CAN network in the car I just can't access it!

Thanks, rob

View Profile

I believe you will have to access the canbus from somewhere other than the obd connector.  I access my comfort bus from behind the radio in my VW.  In my car I also have a infotainment bus although most of the information I want resides on the comfort bus. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: