Go Down

Topic: SIM 300 interface (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Bhavik88

Hello everyone,
I'm doing a project for my college. It's live traffic information system (Very Basic) .I'm trying to interface SIM 300 GSM module with arduino , What i tried is that I just bought SIM 300 module and removed it's IC from the board , then I tried to connect TX and RX and VDD pins from arduino to corresponding. but I'm facing problem here , I can not see any thing happening in serial monitor, basically It should show me Response of SIM 300 in AT commands .but's instead ,it shows that "Serial port is in use , try again" , What can I do? Should I try to Mount IC on GSM board again and try to connect it through RS232 interface with Arduino? I dnt know much about this...I'm posting few pictures for reference.
Do help me guys...

NI$HANT

but's instead ,it shows that "Serial port is in use , try again" , What can I do? Should I try to Mount IC on GSM board again and try to connect it through RS232 interface with Arduino?

its a very basic problem you are facing here ,its obvious that when the UART is used to communicate with the sim300 module then at the same time it can't provide for communication between your serial monitor and the hardware so you have to use NewSoftwareSerial library that comes with the Arduino IDE simply it will form serial port on any other pin on the AVR uC.
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
- <a href="http://www.winacro.com">  <b><font color="red">Website</font></b> </a> 

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!

prakash_kadri

Hi Friends,

I want to do GSM based home security system.But i have little bit knowledge about Microcontroller and GSM module.

I want to do this GSM based home security system to my house. What it should do is when somebody opens the door or window it should automatically send SMS to my mobile number.

From Website i came to know that Arduino Uno is the right choice for me, as it is simple and easy to program and  watch sensors should be connected to the analog input of the Arduino board.

I am going to purchase Arduino Uno board and SIM 300 GSM module from local electronic shop soon.
I also downloaded the arduino-1.0.1-windows software from internet.
Now i want to write program for this, can any one give the program for this, to communicate between sensor,GSM  and microcontroller.Also please let me know how to program it.(I am not a electronic engineer so i dont have knowledge of programming the microcontroller, doing electronic projects is my hobby.Til now i was doing simple projects like, water level controller,rain alarm.This is first time i am trying something which needs programming)
Can anyone help me on this.

Thank you,
Regards,
Prakash
+91-9986272997

Go Up