Go Down

Topic: MOSFET Driver General Control/Activation (Read 172 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to control an inductive load  via a MOSFET IC Driver connected to an Arduino unit, such as this:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/VND5160JTR-E/497-11694-1-ND/2746923

I've never had any previous experience with ICs that had the MOSFETs in them (MOSFETS themselves -- that's another matter); is activation of a  driver such as above generally  like that of a relay, i.e. "ON" or "OFF" dependent on a 0/5V("HI"/"LO") output signal to the driver's input. I've read and re-read the datasheet and thought it's explanation of the ON/OFF state rather cryptic.

Closest lead I could find was info on the open load detection table on pg.11 which has an "on-state detection threshold" current value FOR a test condition of 5V Vin, 8-18 VCC; does that mean, then on state activation is really current-based vs. voltage based for this model?

Thanks!

pito

The max driver's input voltage (arduino to the driver) based on the datasheet is 3V CMOS (driver's INPUT1,2). So you may use a resistive voltage divider to go from 5V to 3V (ie 1k8/2k7).
The STATUS1,2 are read by arduino inputs, you need a pullup at the arduino inputs (ie 10k wired to arduino's +5V). Everyhing else is a matter of the table N.12 study..

Go Up