Arduino Mega, Screw (Terminal) it

Got great news from the USPS and that is Robert's kits are in the mail!!!

My project can't wait.....

There's a mega in there somewhere?

I've shipped 20 kits now I think. More boards are on order, due in ~12/19. 3 of those are sold already! I'm getting pretty good at counting out & bagging up connectors :slight_smile:

I bought a bigger qty this time and have lowered the price some:
$40/US address, $52/international address for a kit with board and all connecters. $35 each additional kit.
All are shipping USPS small flat rate box - I can fit at least 5 kits in a box for the same shipping cost. Maybe more, but that's been the biggest request so far.

Surprise from itead - boards arrived today!
Shipping out 2 sets and ordered connectors for 15 more.
Next 3 are taken already. Contact me at cardinalflyer at comcast dot net if you want one or several.
Having trouble logging into the forum weekdays.
Robert

Received my Mega Screw Shield today and it looks solid. A little bigger than I was expecting, but it's no surprise given all the pins. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone needing easy connectivity with their Mega.

I was thinking recently that the 2nd/outer row of screw terminals could be mounted on the bottom of the board to make it easier to access the 1st inner row.
I have more boards on hand right now, will have connectors early next week to ship out more sets.

These boards will work with Due boards also.

The kits went together well and my rats nest has disappeared!

The thought of mounting a row of connectors beneath is very clever - Next time!

Cheers!

Spread the word - I have more boards & connectors ready to go.

Hi I would like to purchase the screw shield. Where do I go to purchase?

You come to me! I don't really have a storefront.
$40 for a kit mailed to your US location.
Send payment via paypal to cardinalflyer at comcast dot net.
I'll reply if your address is not included.
More for shipping outside the US.

You can solder your own screw shield, it won't be difficult.

Hi, I would love to take one fully assembled mega screw shield. How do I proceed?

gaurab485:
Hi, I would love to take one fully assembled mega screw shield. How do I proceed?

All soldered up, shipping tomorrow.

CrossRoads:

gaurab485:

All soldered up, shipping tomorrow.

Hey Crossroads - love these shields - but i have a Freetronics Ethermega - built in Wiz5100 which sticks up at the front of the board and fouls most boards - i guess i could just cut a notch out of the front section of your board - you do not have any traces etc running through the front of the board ?

Craig

Not sure where you want to cutout - most of the board is pretty free.

Looks like maybe nothing as the screw shield does not cover the whole mega, stopping short of the USB-B on the original.

CrossRoads:
Not sure where you want to cutout - most of the board is pretty free.

Looks like maybe nothing as the screw shield does not cover the whole mega, stopping short of the USB-B on the original.

OK good one then - if it does not come far enough forward to hit the ethernet jack that is great - each of the other mega shields i have tried for various things has fouled on the board.

Craig

This board makes a Mega Truly useful... Best $40.00 I ever spent on a Mega shield.. Of Any type.

Doc

Cool - thanks Doc!

No Worries... Just the truth as I see it.

Doc

@CrossRoads
I'd like to buy one of these boards. Are you still selling them and all I have to do is send the amount to your paypal? (include my shipping info too)

Yes, it's that simple. Paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net, can have a kit in the mail tomorrow.