Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega, Screw (Terminal) it (Read 22 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Looking forward to that bibre!

Finally got a shot of mine posted at my website earlier.
www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

bibre

I checked your webpage. Excellent!

I could not make it to the office today, but I'll post the pics on Monday.   :smiley-red:
Billy     http://www.z-world.com/operations/gbremer/

When you've eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable, must be

bibre

Oct 24, 2012, 01:50 am Last Edit: Oct 27, 2012, 05:26 am by bibre Reason: 1
Sorry for the delay, I had a bad cold and I couldn't come to the office until today. Here are the pictures of my MEGA before & after the Screw Shield.

On the 'before' picture you can see that I was using some screw terminal blocks just inserted (very loosely) on top of the MEGA's headers.

At present I have only connected 3 wires to the pins (2 as INPUT red & green; 1 as OUTPUT white) in order to control 1 set of 3 train dwarf signals for a turnout (railroad switch). But I am going to use all of the pins of the MEGA (except for 0 and 1). One of the GND pins is also connected to my layout's common ground bus.

I scratchbuilt the dwarf signals by using bicolor (red/green) SMD LED's. Each dwarf signal uses one of these bi-color LED's to indicate either red, green or yellow (both red & green). I connected the 2 tiny red & green as a 'totem-pole', as follows:

+5 --> 240R --> redAnode
redCathode --> greenAnode --> control pin
greenCathode --> 240R --> ground

So, my control pin (white wire) outputs either LOW for signal red aspect, HIGH for green aspect and HI-Z for yellow aspect. Only 1 pin to control the 3 aspects of a signal for one turnout. In some cases the yellow aspect is used instead of the red one.

Besides for 1 turnout, I use 2 input pins for sensing the layout control panel pushbutton switches, one used to 'lock' the turnout (green) the other to 'throw' the turnout (red).

As you can see when over 70 wires are finally connected I'll be better out with the MEGA Screw Shield. A much neater job.

Billy     http://www.z-world.com/operations/gbremer/

When you've eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable, must be

rickeybell

I just signed up for the forum just to get on this thread.  Are there any more available, I am in reading overload and may have missed it?

CrossRoads

I have 3  bare boards on hand and 5 more on the way, shipping notification received yesterday.
First come, first served.
I have not ordered headers & screw terminals as no one has paid for a kit yet after all the discussion above and I don't particularly care to be holding all that material.
Part numbers & sources are listed above as well, or use your own source.
$12 for a board mailed to a US location. paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up