Go Down

Topic: Looking for best cheap, small, ultrasonic sensors. (Read 148 times) previous topic - next topic

ConiferApps

For a project I've been working on I have been using the extremely cheap and easy hc-sr04 ultrasonic sensor. Now I'm looking to downsize without making my budget go up. I bought some of  these from Adafruit but the barrel of the sensor sticks out of the board too much, and they're 20x the cost of the hc-sr04s I bought.

What I need is an ultrasonic sensor for cheap (<$20 usd) in a really small package, that can operate at 5v or less, and is Arduino compatible. It sounds like a lot, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  :D

groundfungus

What range of distance do you need to measure?  Could  you switch to an IR distance sensor?  They are smaller.

ConiferApps

@groundfungus it doesn't need to be too large of a distance, probably less than a meter. Could you suggest a good ir sensor then?

groundfungus

Do a search for Sharp IR DIstance sensor.  There is one that goes to 80 cm for, I thin, under 20 bucks. 

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy