Go Down

Topic: Transferring an Integer under 100 us (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

saiyanslayer

Why do you need 2 unos?. Can't you just read from the SD card and then output the value?

Mark

The second arduino is an Arduino Mega with the Adafruit Touchscreen shield.  I don't want anything to interfere with the motor operation to ensure the motor's movements are as accurate as possible.  I can't read from an SD card, decode the value into an integer, calculate a motor delay based on that integer, and then step a stepper motor while maintaining a touchscreen display without affecting the motor timing.

I had considered what you spoke of JoeN (11 line bus), but tomhow mentioned a timing issue and he was right.  I tried setting up a 4 line bus and found it really hard to keep the two boards in sync.  I also need the bus to be bi-directional so I know if the motor struck something, if it was rebooted on its own, if it's even on, or if it's receiving the sent info correctly.  I found it really hard to program something like that in a reasonable amount of time.  I was hoping something similar was out there, but SPI works great.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy