Go Down

Topic: Using Arduino for XY LED System (Read 78 times) previous topic - next topic

SiXke

Hello there

I have a wall filled with storage containers (IMG).

I want to create a VB.NET program (only program language I learned) that lights up leds on a LED strip on the X-axle and the Y-axle to find a certain container. Is this feasible using Arduino? What would be the maximum number of strips that can be manages with 1 arduino?

Thank you
Steven

Ralph_S_Bacon

I don't know how you would get VB.Net to compile for an Arduino.

However, if you know VB.Net it's not a huge step to simple C++ (I am sure you could work out the syntax and follow examples, then you will be a C++ beginner). The syntax for simple programs is not rocket science.

Remember that VB.Net is object oriented which the C language is not and the Arduino flavour of C/C++ has "limited support" - in the sense that it is not like the .Net framework.

But you can certainly achieve what you want to do with an Arduino, just maybe not with VB.Net unless others here know differently.

Try installing the Arduino IDE (free) and uploading the blink program to get yourself going with about 4 lines of C++. You'll see a resemblance to VB there.
My YouTube Arduino Videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/RalphBacon?sub_confirmation=1
Simple Arduino and electronics videos designed to get your project off the ground

ieee488

Is this feasible using Arduino? What would be the maximum number of strips that can be manages with 1 arduino?

Definitely.
I use the FastLED library and WS2812B LED strips that I buy on eBay.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy