Go Down

Topic: Running A Laser With Arduino Mega and Ramps 1.4 (Read 147 times) previous topic - next topic

bubbaloo

So I'm not sure if this belongs here or not but I was referred to these forums by a friend so feel free to move it if need be.

I'm in the process of converting my laser engraving setup from its cheap original card to a Ramps 1.4 and Arduino Mega 2560. I've followed all the wiring diagrams to a T and for some reason somethings still not coming out right.
The Y axis stepper motor only moves in extremely small increments and not smooth at all.
The X axis stepper just doesn't do anything.
And the lcd screen says endstops hit.

Is there anybody here by chance that has some experience in this field or maybe has an idea of what could be my problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated at this point as I found that I may be in over my head with the code and stuff, but I have a large piece of equipment riding on it. Don't want to end up with an expensive paper weight lol.

Thanks in advance guys

123Splat

Has the carriage, in fact, hit the end-stops?
If not, perhaps you are looking for a high level signal when you should be looking for a low, or vice versa.
if so, then move the carriage origin away from the stops.

bubbaloo

The carriage hasn't hit the endstops. It reads endstops hit even when i have the head in the middle of my workspace.

When you say looking for a high end signal, what exactly do you mean?
Thanks

123Splat

Feb 10, 2016, 03:25 pm Last Edit: Feb 10, 2016, 03:26 pm by 123Splat
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I mean whatever signal you are looking for to indicate 'hit end-stop' is the inverse of what you should be looking for.
something like " if xstop == 1 then ......   should be if xstop == 0 then .....

Or, comment out your error routine for the end stop for debugging.

MorganS

Check that pressing the end stop manually does in fact invert the error. It might be referring to an end stop that you didn't wire up, like the Z axis.

If you can't get the stops to be un-hit manually then you have a wiring or configuration error.
GoForSmoke: "What GShield? You never mentioned a shield."

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy