Go Down

Topic: Burn 328P QFN with Arduino Uno (Read 662 times) previous topic - next topic

dtomcat

Hello,
  Obviously new here...  had and Idea and want to see if it would work...

I currently this setup:
http://ladyada.net/library/tools/standaloneisp.html

and wanted to see if i could use it to burn the bootloader into a Mega328P QFN32 package. (making sure to match same pin labels with the DIP package).  I didn't know if there was a difference that would make it not work?

I did a quick search and didn't see any topic on this, but I could have just missed it... Sorry if I did.

Thanks for any help!
-Rob

CrossRoads

Yes you can. 328P-PU, 328P-PN, 328P-AU,328P-AN, 328P-MU, 328P-MN are all the same die, just different packages and for the AN, MN, PN able to work at a higher temperature.
Confirm pinouts on the datasheet.
Reset, Vss, Gnd, SCK, MISO, MOSI all get used.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dtomcat

Thank you!

I thought this was the case, but I figured I'd let someone more experience confirm it before I spent the money on a $60-$80 socket.

thanks again!

CrossRoads

Socket? No no. Install the part, and make an adapter cable to connect from the AVR ISP to the needed pins on your board.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy