Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Burn 328P QFN with Arduino Uno  (Read 512 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,
  Obviously new here...  had and Idea and want to see if it would work...

I currently this setup:
http://ladyada.net/library/tools/standaloneisp.html

and wanted to see if i could use it to burn the bootloader into a Mega328P QFN32 package. (making sure to match same pin labels with the DIP package).  I didn't know if there was a difference that would make it not work?

I did a quick search and didn't see any topic on this, but I could have just missed it... Sorry if I did.

Thanks for any help!
-Rob

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yes you can. 328P-PU, 328P-PN, 328P-AU,328P-AN, 328P-MU, 328P-MN are all the same die, just different packages and for the AN, MN, PN able to work at a higher temperature.
Confirm pinouts on the datasheet.
Reset, Vss, Gnd, SCK, MISO, MOSI all get used.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Thank you!

I thought this was the case, but I figured I'd let someone more experience confirm it before I spent the money on a $60-$80 socket.

thanks again!

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Socket? No no. Install the part, and make an adapter cable to connect from the AVR ISP to the needed pins on your board.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: