Go Down

Topic: ONE-NET using 433Mhz wireless and Arduino UNO in home automation project (Read 901 times) previous topic - next topic

Frederick

Hi all,
Just ordered my first Arduino. So I'm kinda new to all this. I have some electronics and programming experience but that was ages (14 years) ago.. I'm now a Network Eng.
I'm hoping to use some of the ONE-NET open standard in a home automation project. http://one-net.info/
First will be to try and control the 433Mhz remote switch units I already have from a web page running on a PC/server. The server will connect to the Arduino over tcp/ip using the Ethernet Shield. Later I would like to build sensors and more secure switches using a standard like ONE-NET and its stack. I looked at DASH7 but I'm not sure it's ready for someone with my experence level yet.
If I can I will start out using the ONE-NET stack just to build it up and get used to it.. It dosn't seem to be mentioned on these forums yet. Has anyone any experience with ONE-NET especially on Arduino and 433Mhz? I posted a similar note on the ONE-NET forum and got a reply so I can get some help there but they are not necessarily familiar with Arduino.
I see there are plenty of home automation projects to use as references. I'll try to select just one to get started, but has anyone got a suggestion on some good ones to look at?
Any comments welcome. Good idea/bad idea, or use a different approach perhaps!

Many thanks.

oric_dan

I know nothing about one-net, and it isn't obvious from the website, but if the
evaluation modules use RS232, then they can be easily interfaced to any Arduino
boards. You may need a level-shifter, as common Arduino boards have logic-level
RS232. They also all have SPI and I2C comms, if that is useful.

Also, a major factor is the smaller Arduino bds, like the UNO, only have 1 RS232 h.w.
UART, so development will be a lot easier with a bd like the Mega, which has multiple
UARTs.

Also, the "Networking, Protocols, and Devices" section of the forum has a lot of people
using RF devices, some 433 Mhz, although I've not noticed any one-net.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy