Go Down

Topic: [solved] Hello World doesn't work! Uno R3 on Linux Mint (Read 625 times) previous topic - next topic

jimuino

Aug 19, 2012, 12:09 pm Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012, 12:46 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
Hi guys,
I reinstalled everything on my PC under linux Mint10. (No RXTX mismatch error now!) and the IDE works, Blink works, so I was trying an analog pin sketch with a photoresistor, and I wasn't getting any serial data output!  
So I found ladyada.net's Tutorial #4, Hello World, and I typed it in, compiled without errors, uploaded it and...  No "Hello World!"  Where did my string go?  ( I know..  /dev/null.)  Anyway, I'm trying.. Thanks for any suggestions,
---Jim

Wuuuups!  I continued reading ladyada's tutorial and I found the icon on the IDE for the serial Comm window.  I'm sorry, and I'M HAPPY!  
P.S. The analog sketch works as described. Sciguy14, Youtube, tutorial #4. Thx.

Moderator edit: Fixed title.

gjs5

Hi there
I'm trying to load the arduino software under linux 10 and I am having lots of problems.

I downloaded the software for linux. I have unzippped it and saved it into a folder.

I then typed the following into the command line

su -c 'apt-get install arduino' root

I then typed arduino and got the following

The program 'arduino' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install arduino

How did the install under linux10 go for you ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy