Go Down

Topic: Need Help Programming Bot (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

radman

The design would be better suited to some kind of walking device.
This however is supposed to fly :
My robot hovers using compressed air from an on-board air tank

An air tank such as a diving cylinder certainly contains enough air at sufficient pressure to take off like a rocket. So in priciple you should be able to make something hover at least for a while. He has not specified what height the robot needs to hover at. By putting a skirt round the device you would get a hovercraft which could provide quite a bit of lift and would avoid the problems of keeping the thing stable.

PeterH

This however is supposed to fly

Looking at the picture, I think you're right. The mention of legs threw me. Using the air tank to drive an air jet to support the weight of the vehicle seems even less practical than using it to drive pneumatic actuators, and the overall concept strikes me as absolutely bonkers. I love to see people make madcap ideas like this work! :)
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

radman

I love to see people make madcap ideas like this work!

Yes, look at the "Curiosity" landing on Mars, no way was a daft automatic scheme of that complexity ever going to work.
I still cannot believe they pulled it off.

zoomkat

My robot hovers using compressed air from an on-board air tank.

So how much of the mechanical part of this project have you already built and tested?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Go Up