Go Down

Topic: How to get facial recogniction? (Read 730 times) previous topic - next topic

roboticfan101

Does anyone know what the code is for facial recognicition if there is any? If so, can you explain the code needed to get it to control servos?

Arrch

That would entirely depend on the hardware you are using; hopefully it isn't the Arduino.

The Arduino doesn't have a built-in facial recognition device, unless I'm behind the times here.

roboticfan101

It would likely require a special sheild connected to an optical camera.

Andy R

I bet you could use OpenCV to segment a face. Then train a neural network on the faces. This is not an Arduino project.

roboticfan101

Yeah... I thought so. Well, it's good to know.

PeterH

Does anyone know what the code is for facial recognicition if there is any? If so, can you explain the code needed to get it to control servos?

Given that you haven't said what 'the code' needs to do, it's impossible to explain how it would do it.

Perhaps you're thinking of a face-tracking web cam? They're commercially available and I don't see anything stopping you from creating your own using a PC application based on OpenCV, with an Arduino used to drive the servos. But I'm only guessing what you're after, since you haven't said.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

jrd210

Check out EZ-B board and software    http://www.ez-robot.com/Shop/  it will do it, it is beyond Arduino.

Go Up