Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: UNO R3 ISP trouble (ATtiny45)  (Read 2468 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

With the "Fade" sketch working properly I removed the LED and used the Arduino IDE to verify the "Blink" sketch so I could get the address of the temporary .hex file. Then I used the AVRdude command line to try and burn the "Blink" hex file to the ATtiny45. Again, I got the "programmer is not responding" error:

Attempt using "stk500v1" as programmer:

Roberts-MacBook-Pro:~ robertwinter$ avrdude -p t45 -P /dev/cu.usbmodemfa131 -c stk500v1 -U flash:w:/var/folders/d2/j8mp7t8j3ng3dgflw6j29c5w0000gn/T/build3844067978631596133.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Attempt using "arduino" as programmer:

Roberts-MacBook-Pro:~ robertwinter$ avrdude -p t45 -P /dev/cu.usbmodemfa131 -c arduino -U flash:w:/var/folders/d2/j8mp7t8j3ng3dgflw6j29c5w0000gn/T/build3844067978631596133.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done.  Thank you.

After the AVRdude failed to burn the blink.hex file I plugged the LED back in and the "Fade" sketch is still running properly. Again, thanks for all the help. Hopefully I'm getting close to getting this thing to work.

Denmark
Edison Member
Happy Hobbyist
View Profile

In the verbose output when uploading you should see a line somthing like this:

avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -pattiny85 -cavrispv2 -P\\.\COM2 -Uflash:w:C:\Users\EC\AppData\Local\Temp\build7624827821914026099.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

So you could substitute the blink.hex whit the firefly.hex just to be sure that the command line is right
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:51:24 pm by Erni » Logged

View Profile

In the verbose output when uploading you should see a line somthing like this:

avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -pattiny85 -cavrispv2 -P\\.\COM2 -Uflash:w:C:\Users\EC\AppData\Local\Temp\build7624827821914026099.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

So you could substitute the blink.hex whit the firefly.hex just to be sure that the command line is right

I think you may have figured it out!!! I found that line and typed this into the AVRdude command line:

avrdude -v -v -v -v -pattiny45 -cstk500v1 -P/dev/cu.usbmodemfd121 -b19200 -Uflash:w:firefly.hex

...and it looks like IT WORKED!!! The only thing to do now is remove the ATtiny45 from the breadboard, solder it to the surfboard, and test it! I'll report back. Thanks!

View Profile

I am pleased to announce that it worked!!! I'll be making an Intsructable teaching other people how to load .hex files onto the ATtiny45 using the Arduino as an ISP. Hopefully I can save someone else the headache. Thanks again for all your help!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:18:00 pm by winter14 » Logged

View Profile

I am pleased to announce that it worked!!! I'll be making an Intsructable teaching other people how to load .hex files onto the ATtiny45 using the Arduino as an ISP. Hopefully I can save someone else the headache. Thanks again for all your help!!

oh man this would very much be appreciated  smiley

Orlando, FL
View Profile

any progress about it? I've same problem smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: