Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need some advice on a large scale turn table project.  (Read 1942 times)
USA
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thanks for the info. Could you send me a link to this pot you speak of? I'm assuming it's not the type you put plants in. :-)

Potentiometer AKA "pot".  The name is a reference to how it's really a sort of voltage divider, though it's also often used as a variable resistor (by shorting two of the three leads together).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:20:43 pm by Far-seeker » Logged

View Profile

Potentiometer AKA "pot".  The name is a reference to how it's really a sort of voltage divider, though it's also often used as a variable resistor (by shorting two of the three leads together).

Thanks

View Profile

Anyone have any suggestions on a hub or bearing I could use for the center of the turn table?

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Anyone have any suggestions on a hub or bearing I could use for the center of the turn table?

The below is ~$5 and supposedly support more than 100 lb.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/shepherd-6-in-lazy-susan-turntable-9548.html

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

USA
God Member
View Profile

The below is ~$5 and supposedly support more than 100 lb.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/shepherd-6-in-lazy-susan-turntable-9548.html

There's also American Science & Surplus.  They have two sizes available, the 4 in. is rated for upto 300 lbs and the 12 in. is rated for 1000 lbs.

They have a minimum total order of $10.00 (pre-tax I think) for shipped purchases though.

View Profile

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: