Go Down

Topic: Cannot Access Timer Registers (Read 457 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi,

So I've had a little bit of experience with timers 0, 1 and 2 when I connected an atmega32 directly to a breadboard and used avrstudio to do my programming.

I recently got an arduino to prototype an idea of mine. I require the use of the all of the timers in my implementation. I'm using eclipse as my developing environment. When I try to compile my project, I recieve the following errors (there are many more, this is just a sample).

Code: [Select]

Symbol 'COM1A1' could not be resolved NewGraphics.cpp /NewGraphics line 44 Semantic Error
Symbol 'COM2B1' could not be resolved NewGraphics.cpp /NewGraphics line 24 Semantic Error
Symbol 'CS10' could not be resolved NewGraphics.cpp /NewGraphics line 55 Semantic Error

A post online said that it could be due to the fact that I was not specifying the correct MCU in the make file. Here is the arguments to the compiler.

avr-g++ -I"C:\Users\P\Desktop\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Users\P\Desktop\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard" -I"C:\Users\P\workspace\NewGraphics" -I"C:\Users\P\Desktop\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\ST7565LCD" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DUSB_VID= -DUSB_PID= -DARDUINO=101 -Wall -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -g -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL

I found on another post here that recommended including the io file for the at328p directly. I tried that, but I get a
error: #error "Attempt to include more than one <avr/ioXXX.h> file."

When I get rid of the function with all of the timer register sets and clears, then it compiles just fine. I do have "Arduino.h" included in this file.

I'm completely lost. What am I doing wrong?

PaulS

I'm completely lost. What am I doing wrong?

The most obvious question is what happens when you use the supported method of compiling and linking and uploading your code - the IDE?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy