Go Down

Topic: Computer Doesn't Recognize Arduino Uno (Read 768 times) previous topic - next topic

bigfish

So on my old computer running Windows Vista 32-bit I was using my Arduino Uno with no problems, now with my new laptop running either Windows 7 64-bit or Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, my Arduino won't connect at all in either OS.  The first time I plugged it in I got a "driver not found" message, which I expected, but then the device didn't show up in My Computer, and the computer has ignored it ever since.  I don't know what to do because I have no way to even troubleshoot since I can't connect it to the computer.  I'm 97% positive that I have not damaged it, I've done only small scale projects and the board has never malfunctioned up to this point.  Hopefully there's something I can do because I really don't want to buy another one.

Thanks for the help.

eried

So on my old computer running Windows Vista 32-bit I was using my Arduino Uno with no problems, now with my new laptop running either Windows 7 64-bit or Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, my Arduino won't connect at all in either OS.  The first time I plugged it in I got a "driver not found" message, which I expected, but then the device didn't show up in My Computer, and the computer has ignored it ever since.  I don't know what to do because I have no way to even troubleshoot since I can't connect it to the computer.  I'm 97% positive that I have not damaged it, I've done only small scale projects and the board has never malfunctioned up to this point.  Hopefully there's something I can do because I really don't want to buy another one.

Thanks for the help.

You hear something in Windows? like "error"?
My website: http://ried.cl

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy