Go Down

Topic: Air Hog remote control IR receiver and control hacking? (Read 2174 times) previous topic - next topic

Alecz

I took apart my air hog helicopter and got some great parts from it.
I've only been into arduino for a few days now, and its addictive!

I used this library (http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/InfraredReceivers) to see if the receiver works. With one of the 3 IR receiver ends plugged into digital pin 2, it displays the data as its supposed to. It doesn't display any data when I move levers or push buttons on the remote control, only when I plug one of the pins into the controller.
In fact... if I plug anything into pin 2 it displays data. usually a sequence of 001100 so on and so forth.

Which makes me thing I don't even have it plugged in right. It only has 3 ends to it. Is it power, ground, and data?

Also into the future I don't even want to keep all of this this way. I would like to take apart the remove control itself, scavenge all the pieces from that as well including the transmitter. Can anyone tell me If I can use the transmitter and receiver parts with my arduino? and push me in the right direction with using them?

Thank you.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy