Go Down

Topic: CPLD and Arduino - a good mix (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

What has changed is the design environment. At home I used small 20-pin chips and the programmer cost $3500. Yikes! I still can't believe I spent that much on a programmer but all dev tools cost a lot then.

At work I used Altera 44-pin PLCC devices, I had to fly down to Sydney for a few days and design the internals on a mainframe CAD system.

Now we get a full dev system for free and run it on our laptops.

It's a brave new world alright.

BTW I used the 20-pin chips in my own dev product I sold, it was an EPROM emulator. Anyone remember EPROMs? Thanks goodness I don't depend on that income any more :)

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

wwbrown

I ahve kind of curious about CPLDs as they seem like an amazing design space and would like to give them a try the only concern is a compatible programmer.  Could someone point me to programmers for that CPLD that I could use.  It seems like I have collected a few boards and programmers over that never quite mated up with a development environment, now I try to reduce the rate at which components go in the box.

Thanks
wade

pito

hakware

@pito. would you be willing to share the CPLD code? Would save a lot of people the headache of redoing (maybe wrong) the counter.

Thanks!

pito

Oct 07, 2012, 10:53 am Last Edit: Oct 07, 2012, 11:14 am by pito Reason: 1
Enclosed pls find:
schematics file
svf file
xsvf file
ucf file

All under CC BY-SA.. Provided as-is, no warranties of any kind.
Pito.

Go Up