I'm researching what would be needed to do the following:1. Collect 8 discrete inputs and one analog input every 1 millisecond, along with a millisecond timestamp, for about 1.5 seconds total collection time.
2. After collection, dump to a PC for analysis (USB or Ethernet)?
3. Discrete I/O is 24vdc, Analog is +-10vdc.
This process would re-occur once every 6 seconds.
My questions would be:1. which piece of hardware.
2. programming method, IDE or gcc.
3. I assume i'll have to use a sheild with opto couplers for the discrete inputs, and a voltage divider for the analog?
4. Method to move the data to the PC (VB .NET)
5. is there anything else to consider?