Go Down

Topic: ICOMSat Sim900 / Mega2560 (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

chadvader

Thank you very much! I'm going to use UNO from now on...
My project needs a lot of PWMs, so it would be very nice if the MEGA were working... But thanks anyway.

chadvader

Hey, GOOD news!
I had the amazing idea of opening the GSM_Shield.cpp and change all the "mySerial" for "Serial1", and deleting all the #include NewSoftSerial
By doing this, I just changed the comunication to Serial1 (pins 18 and 19) of MEGA, so I jumped the RX to the TX to these pins aaaaaand... the results are the following:

system startup
no call
no call
no call

...And when I called the shield from my cellphone:

incoming voice call from xxxxxxxxx (my number)

YES, it's working!! I'm so happy!! :) That's it my friends!

Constantin

Good news. Just shows that it pays to know the library files, if you use them.

Also a reason to avoid using libraries for boards that are not supported out of the box.

chadvader

Funny thing is that both Arduino MEGA and GSM_Shield library are "supported" by the IComSat.(At least it's said in its website :p)

sTrider_7


Hey, GOOD news!
I had the amazing idea of opening the GSM_Shield.cpp and change all the "mySerial" for "Serial1", and deleting all the #include NewSoftSerial
By doing this, I just changed the comunication to Serial1 (pins 18 and 19) of MEGA, so I jumped the RX to the TX to these pins aaaaaand... the results are the following:

system startup
no call
no call
no call

...And when I called the shield from my cellphone:

incoming voice call from xxxxxxxxx (my number)

YES, it's working!! I'm so happy!! :) That's it my friends!


Great news!

I've also tried renaming the MySerial instances to Serial1, but I did not remove the #include parts. Definitely going to try this, thanks mate.

I only have to have GSM functionality so the tiny number of pins aren't a problem for me:)

Good luck.

Go Up