Go Down

Topic: Arduino IDE and drivers with netbooks (Read 619 times) previous topic - next topic

danielstritt

I want a mobile development pc to edit things "on site", and get info from the board anywhere, but that doesn't justify getting a full blown laptop (plus I can't afford one now). I was just curious is anyone knows if the arduino software and drivers work ok with a typical windows based netbook? If it only works with a few or so, could someone point me to a "no nonsense" netbook that does work?

Thanks

Daniel

CrossRoads

Looking at the Bestbuy Netbooks,
I see
Genuine Windows 7 Starter
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Genuine Windows 7 Professional
Enhanced SUSE Linux Enterprise

No clue if the IDE will run on any of those.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

eried

Any "typical" Windows netbook will run arduino, excepting those mega cheap ones with Windows CE
My website: http://ried.cl

WizenedEE

Any "typical" Windows netbook will run arduino, excepting those mega cheap ones with Windows CE

Any netbook with linux on it will work, especially those free versions.

eried

Any netbook with linux on it will work, especially those free versions.

Sure but daniel's message said "Windows", that narrows things to Winxp/7 or Win CE :)
My website: http://ried.cl

el_supremo

I have installed Arduino 1.0.1 on my Lenovo Thinkpad running 32-bit Win7 Pro. No problems.

Pete

CrossRoads

Lenovo Thinkpad is considered a netbook?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

el_supremo

It's the X100e which is a lot smaller than our laptop so I think of it as a netbook but perhaps it doesn't quite qualify.

Pete

Go Up