Go Down

Topic: cannot upload to arduino pro mini (Read 318 times) previous topic - next topic

bgoner

Aug 29, 2012, 12:02 pm Last Edit: Aug 29, 2012, 12:13 pm by bgoner Reason: 1
Hello
searched and tested anything I found on the internet about my problem:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

went through the troubleshooting#upload too!

Bit it still persists

board: arduino pro mini 5v (16Mhz) 328  (selected in the arduino software)
cable: FTDI

when I plug the arduino in the device manager appears COM4 so I select this also in the arduino software (I guess this means I'm not having driver problems, right? cause I did in the begining)

Intersting is that when I plug the arduino in the PC I see a green and a red led blick once. In the troubleshooting it says the green should be on all the time.

removed windows firewall and all the programs in the back - teamviewer, deamon tools, skype etc.

in the USB settings in the device manager I changed the Port Settings to 115200 Bits per second they were 9600 as default. 115200 bps is know to be an arduino environment. Is this true?

I've attached a pic how I've connected the arduino to the cable. Hope I have connected it correctly, haven't I?

Thanks you

spycatcher2k

Your ftdi lead is on backwards - also when you upload - tap reset when the sketch size shows on the screen, this may help.
Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design work undertaken
SMD & Thru-Hole assembly

bgoner

LOL! thank you so much. it's been a week already with this bugger.
everything went ok!

I guess this picture is misleading
http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoProMini

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy